Shifting Issues

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Letters11
antispam: No

Re: Shifting Issues

Post by Letters11 »

I dont mean to keep posting but I think that black plate looking thing is the clutch fork? This is what the slave cylinder is pushing against. If this is correct then the clutch fork isnt tight or anything, really sloppy. Moves in all directions. I dont know if it is usually like this or not? Thanks!
Letters11

Post by Letters11 »

Drumroll please!!!! I replaced the slave cylinder and............Nothing happened! The clutch fork was very sturdy after installing the new slave though? Also, it bled very quickly, took maybe 5 minutes. Should I keep going? I see some people say it takes hours or is that only when you redo a clutch? IDK where to go from here. Thanks
Letters11

Post by Letters11 »

Replaced the clutch master cylinder. Used almost a full bottle of fluid, the big one, and still no changes in shifting. It is being looked at on Sunday. I will post back with the solution, if there is one :shrug:
Letters11

Post by Letters11 »

Just an update. One of the springs blew apart and got wedged behind the pressure plate. Ordered a Luk kit and flywheel. Will be putting it in this week. Thanks for all the help.
Bolverk

Post by Bolverk »

Crap, I'm having similar issues with a loose clutch and difficulty shifting, like the clutch isn't disengaging. Only seems to happen on hotter days though. The reservoir is full so I was hoping it was just air in the lines that needed to be bled out. I will check for leaks in the morning though. I replaced the master cylinder last year, so it should be fine. I hope its not a blown spring, how much was it to fix that?
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS KLZE
Bolverk

Post by Bolverk »

Update: Can't see any leaks in master or slave cylinders, or clutch lines anywhere. Reservoir is still full. When the actuator on the slave cylinder is pushed in by hand, I lose all pressure in the clutch pedal, but can pump it back up(like Letters11 problem). I can easily move the clutch release fork arm to the left(towards the slave cylinder) but it wont go any further to the right. Is this normal?
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS KLZE

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”