Will A Fidanza Flywheel bolt up to mx3 tranny???

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Will A Fidanza Flywheel bolt up to mx3 tranny???

Post by kulluminati777 »

MrMazda92 wrote:kulluminati, the flywheel will be the same. Fidanza only made 1 for the K series, and it's identical between models.

The KL flywheel is 21 pounds(According to ProbeTalk posts), the K8 I believe was reported as 13-14 pounds, and I know the Fidanza is 9.x pounds. I've got one sitting in my attic with the rest of my parts right now, if you need a picture. :D
so when probe/MX-6 dudes talk about using a MX-3 flywheels its basically a cheap junkyard ``lightweight´´ flywheel lol
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Here's a thread I started when I was going to buy another fidanza for the Race Car and ended up going with Aasco instead... (read through the whole thread): http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=66748
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

kulluminati777 wrote:so when probe/MX-6 dudes talk about using a MX-3 flywheels its basically a cheap junkyard ``lightweight´´ flywheel lol
Exactly. It's not a bad weight, to be honest. I do feel the Fidanza drops the revs a little quicker than I like. The Aasco mark is describing might be a good balance for daily driving... When reading that thread the first time, I didn't think so. After having driven a KL w/ Fidanza(9 lb) and a K8 with Stock(16 lb), I do find my shifts need to be a bit quicker with the Fidanza. It's not a bad thing, but it'll take a little getting used to at first.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

MrMazda92 wrote:The Aasco mark is describing might be a good balance for daily driving... When reading that thread the first time, I didn't think so.
Just so everyone is clear... Aasco = Fidanza. They are the same weight just different brands. Whatever reason you would buy a fidanza would be the same for the Aasco.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Oh, so that thread was incomplete!! :O Fix it? :D
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

yeah i was under the impression that aasco was a tad bit better quality then fidanza so i was going to go with there flywheels (i rad the WHOLE thread)
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688

Return to “Transmissions”