Poll:Top speed in your MX-3?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
killerpickle

Re: Poll:Top speed in your MX-3?

Post by killerpickle »

umm, correct me if Im wrong, but isn't there a set theoretical limit for top speed with the gear ratio? Say 201 km/h? At fuel cut off, combined with the gear ratio which doesn't change with mods... or was the speed in the specs not reported for fuel cut off, does anyone know the formula to figure out top speed with rpms and gear ratios?
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
yeloboy

Post by yeloboy »

ok some people in here are lying but im not saying names, cause there is a thing called a governer that shuts of your speed, and on a gs its about 120-130 ,4cl 100-110 .so inlesss you have a e.c.u. chip your full of sh*t. other people may not know but i do. my gs would shut down at 125, but when i got my cip i have gone 145 and its not fun its hard to controll and i have a 14" spoiler [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
INFAMOUS YELOBOY
Coolzombi

Post by Coolzombi »

I have no special chips and the only cut off is at 7250 or so and im not sure but i think cut off is in the fire not in the fuel line...not sure,,,<P>and i have reach 235km/h with my gs
Friends don't let friends drive stock.
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

i don't know about all that..<BR>i can say ive done 121mph without lying because on the way to moroso you gotta take a long road to get to the track and everyone and there mother guns it there...so that tsraight away proved my car has alittle somethin in it!
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Hmm, I only got to 110MPH, but I was afraid of getting busted by the fuzz. I will have to try it again to get an accurate reading for TOP speed.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Mx-3 Gs-x

Post by Mx-3 Gs-x »

i got mine up to about 105mph @ bout 8k rpm and i would hit 110mph but i didnt want to walk home
KiSs My a$s......yEa
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yeloboy:<BR><STRONG>ok some people in here are lying but im not saying names, cause there is a thing called a governer that shuts of your speed, and on a gs its about 120-130 ,4cl 100-110 .so inlesss you have a e.c.u. chip your full of sh*t. other people may not know but i do. my gs would shut down at 125, but when i got my cip i have gone 145 and its not fun its hard to controll and i have a 14" spoiler [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>I hit 122mph in my GS....as far as I know, MX-3s do not have governors
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
pmpdaddy19

Post by pmpdaddy19 »

Mine is a 92' MX-3 1.8...Regardless of what u tech freaks believe I got mine up to 145 and still had room in the pedal...If there is a governor then it must not have been asleep lol...and by the way I don't lie...
pmpdaddy19

Post by pmpdaddy19 »

but..if u wanna talk fast I have been 200mph in a Vette...it was a linkenfelter...or however u spell it
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

I've hit 171 km/h (107 mph) with my 93 RS. I think I can go a little faster since my windows were open and the accelaration wasn't completely over.
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
Coolzombi

Post by Coolzombi »

maybe the speed limiter is at 200mph on our cars...lol :cool:
Friends don't let friends drive stock.
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

does anyone know what 7000rpm in 5th gear is in mph? is it something like 140mph?
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
Esper

Post by Esper »

~113mph for me. i was chasing a corvette and a camaro down the highway, and repeatedly hit 110-and above. i wasn't really paying attention. neither of the other cars could put any distance on me...that was great. i'm sure they were wondering what that black car that was following them was... :D
Dude.
MX3Chick

Post by MX3Chick »

Ive had my 94 RS up to 110. I started to run out of straight road so I let off. Plus I have bad tires. Maybe one of these days I'll see how high I can get it.
Megen Murphy
'11 Hyundai Sonata
94 MX3 RIP 9/8/04

Wanna cookie? ;)
twilesMX3

Post by twilesMX3 »

99 m then ard brturn one at Summit Piont. figure 115 would be possible but need some room to do it.<P>was most fun in the twisty bits as the vettes and firebirds would finally not be hounding my a$$.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”