Mx-3 Dually

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Savin

Re: Mx-3 Dually

Post by Savin »

Dragon1212 wrote:lol I don't care if their the powered wheels have you ever seen a dually car any dually car? I don't think you have and i was looking out of boredom last night. Its more than possible the hard part is going to be making the quarterpanel flares fit.
Chevy Chevette dually in Gary, Indiana.
...I win. :roll:
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
Dragon1212
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Dragon1212 »

Savin wrote:
Dragon1212 wrote:lol I don't care if their the powered wheels have you ever seen a dually car any dually car? I don't think you have and i was looking out of boredom last night. Its more than possible the hard part is going to be making the quarterpanel flares fit.
Chevy Chevette dually in Gary, Indiana.
...I win. :roll:
lol... first you have to start with a car... Every thing i do to my car i am bored of in 30 days. But im gonna replace my sun visors before i try anything like that..(i can afford the sunvisors)
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
Hunting For a Supra MKIV, but I'll never get one. Still Hunting.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I think you should do it, everyone in calgary would probably label you a hero
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

solo_ryder wrote:I think you should do it, everyone in calgary would probably label you a hero
We're not all rednecks here... I think this is top 3 worst ideas ever posted on this site. If this is done... you should relocate the engine to the hatch. Then power the rear wheels some how. Then it might be cool but an abortion non the less.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I think we should submit this idea to the Pink Ricer.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

Dually wouldnt look as nice as deep dish with 325's on the back, RWD, etc etc. Now we're just dreaming
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... na#p545792" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Dragon1212 wrote:Lol... MX-3 any thoughts on that? I was looking a at truck today and went I wonder what a MX-3 would look like with the dually wheels I might even try it.
My thought is that if your not joking, than you're an id-10t and you don't even understand the point of a "dually" real axle on a truck. It's designed to take higher payloads and better for towing (usually 5th wheel tractor-trailer style trailers). The Mx-3 isn't a truck and you'd be stupid to think that you're mx-3 can handle (or should even attempt)2000lbs of weight in the trunk. I don't know what drugs you were tripping on when you came up with that idea, but I think that's a sign that you need to lay off of them.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
Dragon1212 wrote:Lol... MX-3 any thoughts on that? I was looking a at truck today and went I wonder what a MX-3 would look like with the dually wheels I might even try it.
My thought is that if your not joking, than you're an id-10t and you don't even understand the point of a "dually" real axle on a truck. It's designed to take higher payloads and better for towing (usually 5th wheel tractor-trailer style trailers). The Mx-3 isn't a truck and you'd be stupid to think that you're mx-3 can handle (or should even attempt)2000lbs of weight in the trunk. I don't know what drugs you were tripping on when you came up with that idea, but I think that's a sign that you need to lay off of them.
:lol: :lol: Hey Nd4, don't be shy. Tell us what you really think... :lol: :lol:
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

Yea well doing a conversion on a pickup doesn't allow for higher payloads becaude the rest of the truck isn't ready for it either its more for looks on those if the dually allowed for a higher payload the truch you get is the one ton and it already usually has them... I never said anything about towing crap just about what it would look like a dually conversion for any vehicle does nothing because the rest of the vehicle isn't designed for it. you could put 2000lbs in the back of a mx... you would have to reinforce just about everything to do it because it wasn't designed for it
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
Hunting For a Supra MKIV, but I'll never get one. Still Hunting.
Maliceday

Post by Maliceday »

Ryan wrote:I think we should submit this idea to the Pink Ricer.
+1
Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD. You know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences...
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Dragon1212 wrote:Yea well doing a conversion on a pickup doesn't allow for higher payloads becaude the rest of the truck isn't ready for it either its more for looks on those if the dually allowed for a higher payload the truch you get is the one ton and it already usually has them... I never said anything about towing crap just about what it would look like a dually conversion for any vehicle does nothing because the rest of the vehicle isn't designed for it. you could put 2000lbs in the back of a mx... you would have to reinforce just about everything to do it because it wasn't designed for it
He wasnt talking about a Dually conversion on a truck, simply what a dually is meant for.

As for what it would look like on a mx or any car? It would look retarded and you would be the same if you wrecked your newly painted GS to do some pointless mod to it like that.

:freak:
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

....no one has done/considered it for an MX3 for a reason...

Just because it's different, doesn't mean that it's a good idea. I don't see a lot of women farting in public, but that doesn't mean that they should start doing it.

Consider this quote:

"It's like wiping BEFORE you poop... it just doesn't make sense!"
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Dragon1212 wrote:Yea well doing a conversion on a pickup doesn't allow for higher payloads becaude the rest of the truck isn't ready for it either its more for looks on those if the dually allowed for a higher payload the truch you get is the one ton and it already usually has them... I never said anything about towing crap just about what it would look like a dually conversion for any vehicle does nothing because the rest of the vehicle isn't designed for it. you could put 2000lbs in the back of a mx... you would have to reinforce just about everything to do it because it wasn't designed for it
Well obviously you know what a dually rear axles is for as as mentioned, I'm not talking about a conversion on a truck, but it also depends on which truck and how the conversion is done), but I'm saying, and you even said it yourself, the rest of the vehicle wasn't designed for it, well, an Mx-3 isn't designed for it and nor is any CAR or pretty much anything but a truck. Because of that, it's going to look absolutely rediculous. Sure, you can say it can be done on a truck for looks, but trucks come that way, cars don't.

To think it would remotely look decent on any car is insane, really, you'd need help from Dr. Phil.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

That back/side window would never work on our cars. Smarten up.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “Appearance”