can't get it in any gear

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: can't get it in any gear

Post by Daninski »

OUCH!. Good news is you can have someone build up the weld and rebuild it. Keep us up on the progress and the result of your findings. Good Luck

One more thing. I was going to make a couple of phenolic spacers to stop my SRD crossmember from touching the steel frame (galvanic corrosion). How does yours look?
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Damn, Mooneggs learn to drive! :lol: haha j/k
You can't hammer it back to its appropriate position? In any case: OEM crossmember FTW! 8)
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

so I got the tranny off the engine today and it looks like my shifter fork pretty much cracked in two. It also looked like the throwout bearing was not sliding so that may have caused the fork to crack...

Anyways I'll be replacing all of that stuff, along with a new clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, fidanza surface... oh and just for the heck of it I'm throwing an LSD into the mix :mrgreen:
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Mooneggs wrote:so I got the tranny off the engine today and it looks like my shifter fork pretty much cracked in two. It also looked like the throwout bearing was not sliding so that may have caused the fork to crack...

Anyways I'll be replacing all of that stuff, along with a new clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, fidanza surface... oh and just for the heck of it I'm throwing an LSD into the mix :mrgreen:
I'll trade you budgets! :P I'm scared now that I'll have to wait until my birthday to even START my swap. :(
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
h3xt0r

Post by h3xt0r »

Mooneggs wrote:so I got the tranny off the engine today and it looks like my shifter fork pretty much cracked in two. It also looked like the throwout bearing was not sliding so that may have caused the fork to crack...

I can't believe I missed this post! I had the same problem last year. Was driving and having problems with the car staying in gear, literally would pop out of gear if I let go of the shifter. Was heading down a hill and KABLAM! wouldn't let me shift at all. Me being the stubborn prick I am, decided it would be best to force it into gear and managed to get to 3rd gear and get home. Completely !@#$)(&'d my tranny!

Sorry I didn't see this earlier, could of saved you some time and money... Guess this just means I need to read the forums more... xD

-Rich
-H3xT0r
kateCapshaw wrote:The moment somebody says to me, "This is very risky," is the moment it becomes attractive to me.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

it's all good... I'm glad that I took the whole tranny apart too - very cool to learn something new and doing the work myself always gives me a sense of accomplishment, especially when the results (having an LSD) are favorable :D :welder:

Return to “Transmissions”