Exhaust system for the Mx3

New product ideas and status of new product development postings.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: Exhaust system for the Mx3

Post by MrMazda92 »

Uhh... I'm in Eugene, OR with a stock exhaust system... It's not pretty though. Sounds off a bit, like it has a hole or two somewhere.

What exactly are you working on? If you're able to say. I could make the trip up to Portland pretty easily, but how long would you need the car?

PM me if you're interested.

Edit: I've got a GS(1.8l V6)
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
CorkSport

Post by CorkSport »

We have a GS model coming in to have us look at this week. I will see what I can do about pictures.

-Derrick
http://www.corksport.com for all your Mazda needs.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

The headers man, don't forget that we don't use stock HEADERS!
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

CorkSport wrote:We have a GS model coming in to have us look at this week. I will see what I can do about pictures.

-Derrick
Me :P

I wish it had worked out better ;( I was hopeful that it would be a good fit and be ready for production soon!

On a side note, thanks for re-attaching my stock Exhaust for me! I didn't realize it wasn't even welded together... I think I'm going to track down the previous owner and punch him for 9 months of headache filled driving.

I think 1 punch per hour I had to put up with it should do...

Do any of you know what 2k-3k rps sounds like if you have your entire exhaust system detached?

Words that come to mind are Honda + Lawnmower + Cheap Muffler + .44 Slug to the brain...

If you need to test it out again, let me know!! I have no problem driving up there(Hell, I made it from Vancouver to my house in Eugene in under 1 hour 20 minutes), and I'd likely come up within a week of being notified.

Any way I can contribute makes me feel good! =)
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Also, Thanks to Mark and to Jesse!!!

Mark offered me a stay at his place(I ended up being finished earlier than expected so I didn't partake), and Jesse drove me around showing me some of the greatest places to drive in Vancouver! I had a hell of a trip, and I can't wait for my next one!
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Lol where was it detached? On my old exhaust I had the piping just before the muffler completely break off so the muffler was detached from the rest of the exhaust so I know where you're comin' from =P
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

That's a long drive to help out the community. Good Karma!
Speaking of loud; I drove my car to a parts store with straight headers. It was AWESOME!
I kept the RPMs at around 4K, and had guys come out of a performance shop to see what was making the sound.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
CorkSport

Post by CorkSport »

The exhaust was snapped off at the muffler. It looked liked it had been leaking for a while.

-Derrick
http://www.corksport.com for all your Mazda needs.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Lol @ Jesse! I loved when I would accidentally miss the gear(when my shifter was sloppy), and would rev it high in an intersection, I'd get dirty looks and middle fingers faster than I could even see.

@ Derrick, thanks for the patchup, it'll save me a TON of headaches in the future. I'll keep it stock so you guys can use me for a test again if you'd like.

Also, it sounds a great deal better with it attached... It's quiet even at 3k+ rpms.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
johnmicy

Post by johnmicy »

thanks for sharing :)

Exhaust Systems
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

How's the 1.6 going? Would love to have sound clips and stuff!
Mariob316

Post by Mariob316 »

anymore news on this???
Demonic1

Post by Demonic1 »

Wish I hadn't missed this when you needed someone. I've got a BP'd RS, that's still stock from the flexpipe back. Meh, if you need one or decide you want an RS... I'm sure I can make it down there on short notice. (say 24 hours?)
Wings on an MX3? What are you thinking?

92 RS BP05
93 GS KLZE
(Previously owned by 2Fazed and then mrMazda92)
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

As far as noise goes the Magnaflow resonator is a killer on the ears as far as engine drone goes. I've been looking at the Vibrant oval resonator. It's 14" long so it will fit just fine. By the way my exhaust is 2.5" with a SS MF high flow cat and a SS MF dual tipped muffler.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
mars

Post by mars »

interesting ! as i bought stainless headers to Corksport ! i hope this system will fit !

Return to “New Product Development”