Cabin Filter

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: Cabin Filter

Post by MrMazda92 »

Wow, the snow one would suck. I haven't had this problem, thankfully... I have a laundry list of others though! :P

I still haven't found anyone who can explain the passenger door lock in my car. The previous owner must have done it on purpose... but i can't see any cause to do so... It's an inconvenience at best.

I never have stuff fly into the cabin though, that's weird. I drove through a dust-devil last week downtown, the air was so thick I couldn't see anything but taillights for about 10 feet. I rolled up the windows, but didn't even think about the vents... I had no problem though. Finally some luck! ;)
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

solo_ryder wrote:Haha in autumn in the AM when I start the car and turn on the heater.. Fail. Stupid lil peices flying out of the vents. If you ever park under a tree that sheds you would know
Exactly. I parked under trees at my parents place. Happened in the fall but especially in the spring when the trees bud
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

Ryan wrote:Not only does the dash get covered in snow, the cold windshield collects the hydrated air (as the snow blows through the heater core)

I think its time for someone to get a cabin filter system going.

:shock: I never thought about that.... that's probably the main reason the car fogs up in the winter!

I think it's time we looked into a cabin filter....
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

MrMazda92 wrote:I still haven't found anyone who can explain the passenger door lock in my car. The previous owner must have done it on purpose... but i can't see any cause to do so... It's an inconvenience at best.
Explain what??
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:Are you serious? I never have any debris come in. You've gotta be driving through an industrial area or something, and even then I just change it to recirculate so nothing gets in :welder:
+1.. we get it all over here. tons of snow, lots of leaves, those tiny little stringy things, flower petals, dandelion seeds, swarms of asian lady beetles... never seen any of it make its way into my car.

only thing i notice is my dash is always dusty :shrug:

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”