Headers/exhaust

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
wytbishop

Re: Headers/exhaust

Post by wytbishop »

I bought EBAY headers for my ZE install and they work great but they did not fit out of the box at all. they bolted up to the heads fine but the rear collector did not match up to the Y-Pipe by about 1-1/2". The y-pipe had to be cut, bent and rewelded and the whole thing had to be reshaped to clear the oilpan and crossmember. Which is why my exhaust system wound up costing me over $500. But it's tight as a drum and sounds awesome so I'm ok with it.

A credit card is a good way to build a credit rating for later when you want to buy cars and houses and things, but don't think of it as extra money. It isn't. Every time you buy something with it you are taking out a high interest loan from your bank.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
MX-3zoom

Post by MX-3zoom »

Least you guys got one, wanna build my credit, but it was stolen...working on it thou.

Anyways, these headers work on the k8? got a de sitting in mx6 in storage for swap later. Don't want to waste my motor, so am running a temp set-up for stock til im ready for de.

Thanks
[What can you say, I have a fetish for 3's]
mikeetown wrote: Do what you want to do dude cause in the end, your mx-3 is all about you.
93GSDude
antispam: No

Post by 93GSDude »

i have a question about the gaskets, I went to the parts store because i stumbled upon a set of hot shot headers, Should i get probe gaskets or mx-3? there was quite a difference in price the mx3 gaskets were only 6.99 but the probe were 32.99!
93 GS 5 spd- DE Swapped DC Cone Filter, Resonated Test Pipe, Hot Shot Headers, Borla Muffler, Ebay Short Shifter. Black Projector HeadLights/Tail Lights
96 Probe SE-GT Conversion 2.5l 5 spd -Bomz Racing Intake,Greddy Sp2 Exhaust, Short Shifter, Headers, XTD Clutch,XTD Flywheel, ZE Curved Neck Manifold *AVC Boostwerx* Spring '09
sciocchetti
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by sciocchetti »

I got a credit card cause there isnt any tuner shops near where i live so i have to do all my buying online. And its a good way to build credit Next big purchase is a house.
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Lol I got visa debit. It's a credit card but deducts from your actual savings. You can go into the minus numbers, but it acts exactly the same as a credit card. Best way to do things imo.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”