KLZE oil

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

Re: KLZE oil

Post by hgallegos915 »

synthetic will harm your seals on an older engine.

I use regular oil, 10 w40 ever since I first had this engine.

I live in a climate tho where it never gets that cold tho.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Guys I'm not gonna waste my time arguing, do your research first before making claims so that at least others aren't misled.
It's your engines not mine :shrug:
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Lol I'm not arguing. I'm giving information based on what I have read and my own experience. Just because we don't have the same opinion, it does not mean we are arguing. :) Google search, I don't think I am misleading at all. Is my Mazda manual misleading also, because I am following what it says, 10W40 is fine for hot climates.

Our engines were made in the very early 90's, in my opinion, they don't require the newest best spec euro approved rated full synthetic 0W $100 oils to run perfectly.

I encourage you to find any sites and post any links stating that using 5W-40 over 5W-30 or anything with the first W number being the same, can cause any sort of increased wear or increased fuel consumption.

As I said, I'm running 15W40 for my first couple thousand miles, which is almost over. I'm going 10W30 soon, very soon. If I get better fuel consumption or more power, I'll be quite surprised.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Okay you asked for it. This is from the owner's manual:

As you can see the only recommendations in the manual are 10W-30 and 5W-30 if you wanna be stubborn and only go by what it says. No offense but it doesn't seem like you've done your research. It doesn't matter when our engines were made. That was written in the mid 90s. Newer technologies are always coming out and products are improving, why would you live in the past when there are better products out now than a decade and a half ago? Oh and FYI it says use oil with SG quality - we're on SM already so what does that tell you?

Either way, you shouldn't be following the owner's manual so literally, it's only a guideline and it's aimed towards the average car owner; not your engine-swapping, cold-air-intake-installing backyard mechanic who SHOULD already know more about engine oil than that.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

What about the second paragraph, which says high temp weather conditions require higher viscosity oils for satisfactory lubrication.

My MX6 manual says differently, but I'm not a stickler for following rules 100%. I'm just trying to say, -W30 is not all you must use. -W40 is ok too.

Of course, you can go too thick, like 20W60, that's waaaay too thick.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”