HELP! Failed 2500RPM CO% on Drive Clean

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: HELP! Failed 2500RPM CO% on Drive Clean

Post by Daninski »

I like to treat my cars like I treat my women. Take it slow and easy, feel all the curves, use a firm but tender grip and never and I mean never end the ride early. The car had been sitting for two years so I felt it prudent to take it easy. Besides I didn't realize I'd be following Debbie Andretti. :lol:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Daninski wrote:I like to treat my cars like I treat my women. Take it slow and easy...
Some of them like it hard :laugh:
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

There's some truth to that...
I'm sure you know that the car should be hot when tested. Idle up to the test after a good drive, maybe do a burn-out when it's your turn to go into the booth, and E-brake slide into your spot, like debbie :lol:
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Mad Cow wrote:...
Also, how did my manage to find a private shop that will run it under hot rod standards? I could only find one canadian tire that would, every other shop gave me a different stupid excuse.
Easy. He's old...
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Dan, one more thing. If all else fails just do what I did: find a stupid shop and take your red car there but give them the papers for your new one, they usually don't bother looking through the little details :lol:
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Ok so I put two tanks of gas through the car, new plugs, air cleaner and the CO was 156 with a max allowed of 150 sooooo. We found that if the idle was kept aroung 2300 instead of 2500rpm which is what the computer wants you to try and hold it at and with the PVC unplugged it passed at 138ppm of CO. I think the big factor was that the car had been stored for two years and I read you should put at least two tanks of gas through the car before Etesting. So I passed and I can now put the car back into storage for the winter. :lol:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”