Paint day is Friday!!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Dark_Rider2k3

Re: Paint day is Friday!!

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

You know what that's a good idea! If anyone is up for the task, I'd really appreciate it!
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

Awesome! Keep the updates coming man!
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

Just a small update to let everyone know his "plans" with the car:

He is taking the car "panel-by-panel" and doing each part 1 at a time. He said the hood is first, then the front bumper, then driver side fender, then drivers door, then edging around the door working his way back.. then around to the passenger side.. and then the top of the car.. doing the whole car to make it look brand new.

So pretty much, he is taking it in sections and working on it. Repainting the whole car with the stock color. Felt that I would like it a hell of a lot more if the body work was completely restored.

Also, he is going to cut out that rust spot and weld a patch into it. So that works too heh.

I'll hopefully be able to take pictures of the car as it goes through it's restoration. But yeah so far so good :D
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

Great! did he tell you how long it's gonna take him?
Also, a suggestion: if he's taking the time to straighten all the lines in the car and working out all the defects, maybe you could take advantage and paint it a different color, like black, or a metallic. I mean, there's nothing wrong with your actual color, but being that you're halfway there...
Dark_Rider2k3 wrote: I'll hopefully be able to take pictures of the car as it goes through it's restoration. But yeah so far so good :D
YOU BETTER!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen:
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

Maybe just a metallic in the clear? Make it pop dude!
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

I was thinking of painting a different color, but then the engine bay is off :shrug:

As for time, ETA is about.. 2 weeks.. it depends on how much time he can put towards it (he's working this weekend to get mine started).

But he has other cars and so he said about 2 weeks.

But yeah.. I don't think I'd like having my engine bay a different color. Nothing wrong with the OEM color either :wink:
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

Nothing much to report but I got a pic of my car with the protective cover on.. they had my car wrapped up for protection while they worked on a few other cars. But they should be starting work on the radiator support tomorrow. Bending that down and taking the hood off the car to sand/smooth it out.
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

Post every pic!
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

Will be taking better pictures tomorrow, but I snapped a photo with my cell phone yesterday. They had the hood off and being sanded down. Was exciting to see :mrgreen:

Inodoro Pereyra

Dark_Rider2k3 wrote:Will be taking better pictures tomorrow, but I snapped a photo with my cell phone yesterday. They had the hood off and being sanded down. Was exciting to see :mrgreen:

I'm sure it was. Now you're moving. :D
Keep us posted.

Diogenes of Sinope.
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

Inodoro Pereyra wrote:
Dark_Rider2k3 wrote:Will be taking better pictures tomorrow, but I snapped a photo with my cell phone yesterday. They had the hood off and being sanded down. Was exciting to see :mrgreen:

I'm sure it was. Now you're moving. :D
Keep us posted.
I know! I would have went today but my dad was like "you should go tomorrow.. don't go every single day.
Inodoro Pereyra

Your dad is right. If you go there every day, not only you'll drive them crazy, but you'll go crazy yourself.
Besides, you're gonna enjoy it much more if you didn't see it while it was being done...

Diogenes of Sinope.
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

Inodoro Pereyra wrote:Your dad is right. If you go there every day, not only you'll drive them crazy, but you'll go crazy yourself.
Besides, you're gonna enjoy it much more if you didn't see it while it was being done...
Oh yeah I know he is 100% right. And I hate driving people crazy haha. I try to avoid doing that.

And its too late.. I'm already crazy :lol:
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

Don't creep on them, but don't let them slack off. I had to go to Not Stock Customs every day to get the owner to bring my damn truck in the shop, considering I had already paid him. Sometimes you gotta keep your pimp hand strong.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”