Sr20det

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
94drumx3

Re: Sr20det

Post by 94drumx3 »

Alright Update so far:
first off my rebate money from school has been postponed til the 24th. so it will be then before anything gets done. which just leaves me with more and more time to research and learn as much as i can.
i managed to get a hold of the fella from the sr20 forums that did the swap. he calls it the mx2000. got quite a bit of info but still not all i was looking for. still haven't received an answer about the transmissions bolting up in order to keep a hydraulic clutch. but apparently there's a guy on there who sells the parts if it doesn't.
i was really wanting to do the full build myself but the guy has made a very tempting offer about just selling me his whole car thats already swap ready.

as for the other topics in here: yeah i think a rotary swap would be awesome but not for me. i thought someone had already done that....there was a rotary swapped mx3 on ebay that we'd all seen or something.
Inodoro have you started on your project yet?
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

94drumx3 wrote: Inodoro have you started on your project yet?
I wish... :(
Last April 26th I bought a '94 in perfect shape for $500. A month and a half later, exactly 2 days before I pulled my engine off, it was stolen right from my driveway. :crying:

And of course, Miami police being as efficient as it is, I'm still waiting to hear from them (not that I have any hopes anymore... :shrug: ).
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

why don't you just do an awd 13b turbo setup :) Rotor engines are small enough just mate it to a gtx/gtr setup and boom something no one has ever done in a mx3 and something we the possibility of extreme power and the setup to put it down :)
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

Looks like he's dead set on the SR20...
While I personally don't like the idea of putting a non Mazda engine in an MX3, I respect the fact he's willing to do the extra work (extra fun?) to make his car unique. :welder:
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

yeah sorry to the guys who are really wanting me to go with a mazda engine. but yeah i'm pretty set on the sr20det
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

UPDATE: - nothing.

i've made up my mind to get the guys setup for the deal he gave me. but now i've been trying to find time to get one free day to go down and pick it up.
as you can tell i haven't even logged on here for about 3 weeks. i'm taking 21 hours this semester split over monday wednesday and friday, and i'm working 12 hour shifts on sunday tuesday and thursday. and saturdays are just outa the question.
so i might have to take a day off work. or school. idk which is worse. i need the cash. but i cant afford to miss school cause i'm already gonna miss quite a few days here in a few weeks. ah! what to do what to do.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

take your time dude. The car is not going to rust out in the next few months. I took 6 months of down time to do my turbo set up. When the time came to turn her over.. not one problem. Rushing does not pay off. School is too important and there is no gain from f'n around with your job. You've got a long weekend coming sooner or later. Book the time and see what you can get done.
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

Update:
Haven't heard word from the guy after a while. I'm not sure if the buy is a go or not.
Been super busy with school and work. I never really appreciated the spare time i had in the summer. I now wish i would've gotten a move on it. :froggie_red:

but i have still been reading up on it all. not really much update there tho. just getting a few more details and such.
Finch
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Finch »

thats awesome that your going to do the sr20 swap... i love nissan engines.. i almost put a rb26 in my bmw.. but than sold the car instead.. good luck with everything!!
----"A Real Car has 3 Pedals"----

2007 Satin White Pearl Subaru Wrx 2.5L
2007 Blue Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5I Special Edition - Sold
1996 Black Mazda MX-3 RS - Sold for Part
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

FWIW, My buddy has a 304WHP MX-3. It's a B6. Now, that's different; getting power out of the weakest stock option.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

fowljesse wrote:FWIW, My buddy has a 304WHP MX-3. It's a B6. Now, that's different; getting power out of the weakest stock option.
does your buddy have a worklog on here or something? i'd LOVE to see that build! thats sick!
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

Still been reading about the sr20det. Found out its a LOT more work than what i thought. I had originally thought it was going to be tough, but not THAT tough.
Lately i've been looking into the Fe3n that seems to be catching some people's eyes here and there. Seems to be coming more and more common.
I guess this is all speculation tho nothing is set at all.
There's so much i could do.
Just build the bp i have.
Do the extra shizzle ton of work with the sr20.
Try out the fe3.
Scrap it all and go GS.
Gah, i just gotta make up my dam mind
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I'm ALL for doing something different. There was a guy on here that had a 300whp MX-3 with a (I think) Nissan engine. It was done really well. I'm sorry this didn't work out.
My buddy with the 304whp MX-3 is Cjthor. I'm pretty sure he has a worklog, waaaaaay back. There's a video of him walking on me at the drags.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Mazota was the other car.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Oh yeah.. I just remembered that. Not a Nissan engine at all!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”