Great Deals, lets hear about yours.

Off-Topic Discussions
wagZE

Re: Great Deals, lets hear about yours.

Post by wagZE »

picked up a 96 mazda mx-6 m edition v6 in pretty good shape with a blown engine for $200... The owner was getting evicted the very next day, thus the landlord would have gotten it if it was on the property the next day. They even got it towed with their roadside assistance service. I got the straight neck klze for $450 to make life even sweeter. That engine the guy got from the importer & drove less than $10k before totalling the car it was in new timing belt water pump, tensioner, disty, plugs, wires etc... Good deal so far I thought less than $1k invested into this thing.
1 mx6 88 LX auto 2.2l 4cyl
2 mx6 93 LS saved from junkyard SOLD
3 Mx6 96 M edition blow a ze part it
4 Mx6 96 gold LS paint n lights auto SOLD
5 mx6 red fresh paint clean, sold
1 mx3 92rs sohc auto rota c8s h&r
2 mx3 93 gsze bought w/ mods
3 mx3 93 GSze mtx swp act stg3 str8 nek im eibach kl36
4 mx3 GS SOLD-
6 mx3 white gs jdm swap'd SOLD
*5th mx3 blk GS clean title modded DD*
1 PGT 97 blk, garaged clean sold
2 pgt primered 5 spd KL SOLD
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

Holy crap Wag, that's amazing! Um, what's the M edition mx-6?
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

93vtecklr: thank you again for clearing everything up. My apologies if I came on too strong. Sometimes I get carried away... :)

RS_OBD'oh_2: Thank you so much for your "oh-so-enlightening" assessment. :roll:

If you had taken a minute to read before making your completely unfounded rant, you'd have seen 93vtecklr had initially posted he had gotten the wheels at half price because of a cashier's mistake. Maybe for you that's a "break". As far as I'm concerned, that's as much a break as taking off with somebody else's car just because they forgot the keys in the ignition. Now that it's clear that he did get a break, I'm happy for him.
Whether you choose to believe it or not, he is one of the members I do respect (which is one of the reasons I got upset at his post), as were you before your last idiotic reply.
And just so you know, not only I did "work" in retail when I was a kid; I was BORN AND RAISED by retailers, and afterwards I did work in retail for several different companies, and I have been working in retail at Advance Auto Parts for the last 1 1/2 year. So, sorry, you can not talk to me about retail.
A $5 difference can be eventually written off ONCE, but NOBODY will write off a $480 difference.

BTW: You'd have to ask yourself who is destroying the thread. Two people discussing a point that (although tangentially) does concern the topic at hand, or a third person pitching in ONLY to personally attack one of those people.
So, Thank you!

Now, to get back on topic: my (short lived) break happened last April, when I got a '94 MX3, with a '95 B6 with 47000 miles in it, in perfect shape (it still had the original paint, and after a light buffing it was as shiny as a new car), for $500. It had a blown automatic tranny, but I didn't care because I was gonna put a manual in it.
The bad part: after about 1 1/2 month, it was stolen right from my front door... :crying:
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Inodoro Pereyra wrote: RS_OBD'oh_2: Thank you so much for your "oh-so-enlightening" assessment. :roll:
NP, your bill is in the mail.
Try to take a step back once and a while. Calling people names will make you little friends here. Why do you even care anyways? If he knew and got away with it, pat him on the back and be on your way. It's not your place to call him out or trash his character/morals.
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

2 big mac combos for 10 bux!!! :lol:
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

OK back to the post's topic. Take your ,,,discussion to PM please.

I forgot to mention getting my 96 MX3 for $300 with a blown engine like wagZE. Had a mazda speed sterring wheel, tinted glass and a clarion stereo. Oh and finally, I got laid one night and now I've got a 3.5 year old daughter and I'm 54 ys.old. Good deal or not? So far pretty good. :lol:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Inodoro Pereyra

Actually, now that I think about it, There were 2 great deals I've got in the past, and didn't mention.
At the time, I was working as a Directv tech (I'm an electronics technician by trade), and I went to install at a customer's house, and the customer (a lady) ended giving me as a tip a vintage 1917 air compressor (working, with the original motor), and 4 air brushes.
Later on, probably the best tip I ever had was a customer giving me a Harbor Freight flyer. Ever since, I bought about $7000 worth of tools there... :love:

Diogenes of Sinope.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

sounds like we got into an argument on ethics... My opinion on the topic: if I get a great deal and it's legit - fantastic. If I get a great deal by accident because of an error due to a cashier or what not, I would say 99% of the time I've either called the place back and asked what I should do and the majority of the time they say "our error, thanks for being honest". I admit there have been a few times where I got an extra burger or at mcdonalds or something similar and haven't reported it :shrug:

When I worked retail there were mistakes I made and I was always impressed with the people that came back and were honest... sometimes depending on what it was we would honor it or depending how adament the customer was about correcting it we would do that as well.

Case in point: I ordered a set of front and rear AWR mounts and received a mazda3 rear one. I called and asked what I should do and they said please send it back. In the meantime they expedited out the correct mx-3 rear one. I'm not sure what happened but I ended up keeping the mount by accident and I recently found it a couple of months ago. It had been almost a year since the incident happened. Sure I could have easily sold the brand new mazda3 mount on ebay and no one would have known/cared but instead I called AWR again and let them know that I still had it and wanted to send it back so I did. 2 weeks later I get a call from the owner thanking me for being honest and offered me a 25% discount on a future purchase (which I immediately used :D)

Anyways enough about my opinion on ethics - and here is my real "great deal"

I got a full jdm mx-3 front bumper with fogs, tow hook, and jdm aggressive lip for $175 shipped to my door from ebay. :mrgreen: There was a bidding war at the last second or else I would have gotten it for $125 shipped.
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

Wow moon that's amazing, there was a difference in opinion, and i did speak to the manager of Kal Tire. He said that if there was a mistake of that magnitude made they would have realized it before they even mounted the tires. And as always the mounting/balancing and valve stems were in the purchase price. All is well, and Inodoro and I are cool, as was stated before there's no reason for bitter bickering and elementary infantilism.
Inodoro Pereyra

Just like 93vtecklr said, it was just a misunderstanding, and now it's in the past.

About the deal you got on the bumper, now I'm starting to hate you... :evil:

:mrgreen: just kidding... :lol:

Diogenes of Sinope.
wagZE

Post by wagZE »

93vtecklr wrote:Holy crap Wag, that's amazing! Um, what's the M edition mx-6?
The m editions were only made one year 96 . Have all red tails gold 16s with chrome lip m edition logos stitched in leather seats and m edition emblems on fenders and all gold emblems around. I think a different front bumper too. I have seen an m edition miata once too. But I don think they ever made m edition Mx3s
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

my new project, '96 mx3 v6 5spd, 200,000km on body, 100,000km on the motor = $250...17's with like new rubber = $250...custom front bumper = $50.
:welder:
ImageImageImageImage
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

The only real good deal I got was for my engine.

Paid 500 for the BP.. and it only has around 40-50k miles :D . And I've had a good bit of it apart.. and I can tell it's been taken care of.

But other then that, the only real good deal I've gotten is the fact that I work @ a repair shop and whenever I get free time I can get my car on the rack to mess with (though that's pretty rare considering the amount of work we do)

oh, and I had to replace a brake booster on a Ford truck... and I realized just how painful it's going to be to rip out my pedal assembly :cry:
Savin

Post by Savin »

Dark_Rider2k3, its not as hard as you are thinking to change out the pedal assemblies on the mx-3. Just a few bolts (within decent access) and bam.

Oooo! I almost forgot about the '94 GS I bought for $200 that had full SE leather interior (minus shift knob and wheel) And my '96 sunfire I bought for $300, and my '94 thunderbird i bought for $154, haha.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

Savin wrote:Dark_Rider2k3, its not as hard as you are thinking to change out the pedal assemblies on the mx-3. Just a few bolts (within decent access) and bam.

Oooo! I almost forgot about the '94 GS I bought for $200 that had full SE leather interior (minus shift knob and wheel) And my '96 sunfire I bought for $300, and my '94 thunderbird i bought for $154, haha.
what was wrong with the GS that you got it for 200 :shock:

that's a steal!!

and wow actually.. all of those are steals :shock:

Return to “Off-Topic”