MX-3's on TV

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
Nd4SpdSe

Re: MX-3's on TV

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Well I've got an all new spotting, but it ain't pretty. I was watching "The Fog" (2005) on TV for a bit and I thought I recognised the car, so I downloaded the movie and indeed it is:

ImageImage
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

and even then it still looks beautiful.....XD
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

http://vimeo.com/9049627" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fox Sports 2009 NSCRA Finale Coverage.

Skip to 8:30 in and you can see the FWD Drag Radial section and there's my mx3 on TV 8)

Slowest run of the day, but it made the coverage.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Mine says 9:07 on the clock
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

8:30 was about where fwd drag radial started. If you start closer to 8:00 you can see the bikini contest too.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
MX-3zoom

Post by MX-3zoom »

"Here's such and such with his 90-96 honda vs blah with his 90-96 honda" lol glad i own Mazdas, Honda's are ahhh but dang their easy! universal! Congrats on being on tv. :P
[What can you say, I have a fetish for 3's]
mikeetown wrote: Do what you want to do dude cause in the end, your mx-3 is all about you.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

My car is now a professional actor :)
I had a bit part in a show called "In my shoes" on TNT, and they used my car in a hospitol parking lot scene. People were talking about it, and I had a conversation with other actors about it. I'll upload a couple pics I took on set (It's forbiddened, but :shrug: ) when I can. I'll try to record the show,too.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Here are the spy shots. I could have gotten fired from the set, and jeopardized my career :shrug:

This was the shot from the director's POV, as it will play on TV; Image

Here's from the opposite side with the camera and equipment in the background:Image
Filming is funny. Nothing is as it seems. This was actually a firefighter's training facility.

Photobucket won't let me rotate the 2nd one :x
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

lol awesome! Why did they have you park on the crossed out lines?? Is it supposed to be like you were driving there quickly and pulled in all frantic like?? :confused2: :lol:
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

:lol:
Everything's different on film. They were shooting from a low vantage point, so you couldn't see the lines.
You could watch them film for days, and not recognize anything in the final cut.
Some other fun facts; When you see Cheese on film, it's probably soap. When they're shooting someone driving, it's ususally a car sitting still with a bunch of dudes shaking it, and a couple more guys waving branches, and junk by the windows.

I watched "Hawai'i 5-0" after living there, and almost every time they would switch scenes, they'd be miles away. Like, they would go into a building, and exit to the other side of the island.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

My car is going to be in the TNT show "Leverage". I won't be spoiling anything to tell you this; there's going to be an episode where they're going to be in West Virginia, and I play a coal miner who gets blown up in the mine. I'm the one with a grey hoody under my Miner's helmet, and a "Randy" nametag. My MX-3 will be in the background when I'm going into the mine to die.

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”