[FS] 1992 Eunos Presso

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
Mr_Shorty

Re: [FS] 1992 Eunos Presso

Post by Mr_Shorty »

ok...then in my other post I have the claim that I own the first LEGAL Pressos in North America :lol:
Elected Dictator

1991 Eunos Presso AWD build starting winter '10
Ruby Mica

1992 Eunos Presso special build starting ???
Ruby Mica

1992 Familia GTR AWD donor car
Black
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

onlytrueromeo wrote:Swapping vins isn't a good idea unless you own the car w/ the vins on it, then it's ok as long as you don't tell people about it or try to sell either car after.
Heh, that actually did cross my mind, but with that, I was going to convert it to LHD afterwards...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

lol I think you may be right about being the only one in Canader... and I admit I was wrong there's only 1 that I can remember that has a RHD mx-3...

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/memberlist.p ... ile&u=1818" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Yea there are ways to make the car come in pieces.... like remove the interior and engine... and bring it in as a "kit" car and RE-VIN it and give it a new name. Thats how they bring the Skyline R34's over to the US that cost around $80,000.00
I know of 1 in Canada that was brought in through the states by this company

http://www.kaizoindustries.com/uni/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
is who does it.

And they can not use the "Nissan" name either.

But they can do it to pretty much any car that you want.... for a price....
This is how "Brian O connor" Paul Walker got his Blue R34... he actually has 2!
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Well I know for sure that there is one in Toronto area. It was for sale on craigslist a while back. And there was one for sale in Vancouver at one point, they had a 323 RHD GTX there too....

But yeah, all but a few skylines in America aren't legal. They are all tagged as 240sx's, or s13s. That is what their insurance says, and the titles. There were only a couple made offically legal by RBmotoring, which went bankrupt with the crash testing.... I think they legalized 10... but all the other ones (all the D2 drift ones right now) are not legally lisenced.... it was sad to find that out from them in Seattle...
Mr_Shorty

Post by Mr_Shorty »

Pics are finally here!!

I've taken as many pics of the damage on the body as I can. The metal under both door handles has been pried during a theft sometime before I bought it. There is some paint missing on the rear bumper. There is a hole in the front bumper on the passenger side above the marker light. The carpet on the passenger side needs to be re-fitted. It is missing the deck and the pocket for the dash. The tires are mismatched.

These are the only problems that I can think of. If you want more specific pics, just let me know.

Tyler
Elected Dictator

Ruby Mica

Ruby Mica

Black
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I don't mean to be a jerk here, but there is nothing about that car that makes it worth the price you're asking in my opinion. No fogs, no aggressive lip, no spoiler, steel wheels, missing interior panels, damage to the body.

If the steering wheel was on the left and it didn't say Presso on it, it would be a $1000 car at best. RHD and some badges are not worth that kind of money. Not by a looong way.

But I wish you the best. Good luck with the sale.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

aaaaaaa
Last edited by Evo_Spec on July 24th, 2009, 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

+1 I was expecting something in much better condition really :shrug: . I've seen some much cleaner MX-3's go for much less than that. Good luck on the sale though.
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Redline at 7500??? Is that a K8ZE?
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
Mr_Shorty

Post by Mr_Shorty »

_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:Redline at 7500??? Is that a K8ZE?
I believe so, it's just stock V6
wytbishop wrote:I don't mean to be a jerk here, but there is nothing about that car that makes it worth the price you're asking in my opinion. No fogs, no aggressive lip, no spoiler, steel wheels, missing interior panels, damage to the body.

If the steering wheel was on the left and it didn't say Presso on it, it would be a $1000 car at best. RHD and some badges are not worth that kind of money. Not by a looong way.

But I wish you the best. Good luck with the sale.
Not taking offence...if your not interested, don't buy it. But here's my piece:

I understand about the fogs, my other Presso has them and I'm glad for it...the aggressive lip, good luck cause I want them also and they didn't come on my car, only the stock lip...the spoiler, which spoiler do you want? mine came with the elevated one, but if it's that big of a deal to whoever would buy it, I'll throw one in for you...steel wheels??? who keeps the stock wheels anyways? I'm keeping mine cause I don't have any money to buy new ones....missing interior panels, the only missing "panel" is the pocket in the dash. I have one to replace it. The missing ECU cover was just not in place. If anyone is concerned about the JDM deck, it doesn't work anyways, not in North America...damage to the body, I have yet to find any MX-3 that's as clean as this one, despite the small spot of flaking paint on the rear bumper and the door handles. The handles are an easy fix, one I'll probably do before it sells. The hole in the front bumper is also an easy fix. The rest of the car is as flawless as one could expect a 17 year old car to be. NO RUST! And I understand that the price is high, but ppl are selling thier 94 RS in BC for $4,500 still with over 150km. This one only has 84km. As well, the price is OBO. When it comes right down to it, this is a pretty unique car. Not something that you'll run in to every day, not like a Skyline or RX-7. Any meathead can buy one of them. This one was hard to find. Especially in V6, 5spd.

So, if you don't want to buy, I'm not hurt. There is a lot of crap out there for sale that's RHD. This one is not. Make me an offer. I'll do what I can to help you register it and to pass inspection. I've done mine already. And if you want to get one for yourself, give it a try, and you'll find that you'll be waiting forever for a V6, 5spd with fogs, aggressive lip, spoiler and no damage. If it was there, I would've bought it already.

Tyler
Elected Dictator

Ruby Mica

Ruby Mica

Black
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

Here's a cleaner one....
Also If ppl are asking 4500 for an RS I'm gonna go to the meet with a [FS] sign on the car, asking price of $19,000. I doubt it cost that much to bring it over, wish you luck with the sale, I really do but maybe a little more realism in the asking price? In this case the price should reflect what repairs are needed, as well as OOP inspections to make it safe and reliable.
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Do you have any more info about what model this is and the chassis code? From my research it looks like it is either a "Hi-X or Hi-X S" and the chassis code would be EC8SE... can you confirm? This should be a K8-ZE with 140hp...

Also I would pay close to your asking price if the holes in the doors and front bumper were fixed... Especially with that low of miles (km's) and like you mention a v6 with 5 speed...

Unfortunately I don't have the money... sigh

and to other ppl's points of it not having some of the "special" OEM parts... you can source those parts that were not available on this model elseware for a couple hundred dollars.. :roll:
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

well, the price is very very fair. has anyone imported a car at all? i know what it cost and the time involved is. i looked for almost a year trying to find a 1991-1993 v6 that was in descent shape....there are almost none, there are more 4cyl and lots of 1997 that are not allowed in the country. this wine colour is also the hardest to find. the trim peices you guys are expecting to find are rare, they didnt come on very many of them, out of maybe 20 cars ive found only 2 of them had the kouki lips and 1 set of kouki sides, most didnt come with power folding mirrors, none with stainless steel side sills. almost all of them had no trim package for spoilers, lip, sides, fog lights or sunroofs. as well there are no wreckers in japan so finding a part for these cars is very hard to do, especially since most of these have been taken to be recycled many years ago. i had about 20-25 car exporters/companies looking for this car and only one guy found one legally able to come into canada, i had a couple of others trying to sell me 1996 and 1997's for 7500-9500 for the car alone, not including the shipping, all the export and deregistration fee's and then the import fee's and taxes, as well to bring the car up to standard. look at the same car in aussie, a wrecked one will sell for 3000 and good ones for 6-9500 easy, trust me i also looked there as well trying to get a 30x. these cars are rare due to them not being special, not like the over run skylines and rx-7's which i can pick up for 2000-3000 in japan at uss auto auction. now im not trying to be a jerk but if youre not interested then dont post, some one who might be will look at this and then have second thoughts if you guys dont think it is worth it and have nothing positive to say. honestly try to find one that is in this condition with this low of km's, ive tried for a long time and could not find any, i joined japanese and aussie car clubs, emailed individual people, hounded exports, phoned car dealerships, send numerous emails....all this everyday. this car runs great, better than any mx3 ive ever riden in and has more power as well, unfortunatly there is a little bit of damage, this was lot listed correctly when tyler bought it but it is not that bad at all. the front hole is supposed to have a plug cover for it, this was for cars that came with fog lights, some sort of light sensor, steel wheels are they due to the rubber from japan is not dot approved and these were needed to make it pass inspection for bc, the paint on the rear bumper is missing from close parking...if you been to japan you would understand why there is lots of damage to front/rear and sides of cars due to no room to park. this is a great car, i was going to buy it myself but im in too far with the mx3 and 323 before i start another car. as for car pricing they are way more expensive over here, look on craigslist and you will see most are going from 2500-7000 for stock mx-3's which are mostly 4cyl, you check a dealership and they are just as much. how much have guys paid for se's, they are just stock mx-3's, nothing special at all, i had one.....the steering wheel is on the right which does make it different. the car has not been cleaned and straightened out due to tyler cutting his leg pretty bad and he is not able to walk for at least 2-3 weeks, i will say this is probably the best car we've had out of 24 mx-3's main body wise, no rust at all, no frame damage, things like doors bumpers fenders etc are replacable, i know the color is odd but can be resprayed. like he said, obo and he is willing to make it pass for where the buyer is located, hire a importer to do that for you and see how much they charger for their fee.
1993 White gs klze.
Mr_Shorty

Post by Mr_Shorty »

93vtecklr wrote:Here's a cleaner one....
Also If ppl are asking 4500 for an RS I'm gonna go to the meet with a [FS] sign on the car, asking price of $19,000. I doubt it cost that much to bring it over, wish you luck with the sale, I really do but maybe a little more realism in the asking price? In this case the price should reflect what repairs are needed, as well as OOP inspections to make it safe and reliable.
OK, now you guys are pissing me off. If you don't have intentions of buying, or don't have a question about the car, don't post.

93vteklr: I'm glad you think that I'm asking to much. It's only an ASKING price, hence the obo. The car I mentioned that was $4,500 was listed on craigslist. Here is another one for $6000 if you want http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/cto/1194437455.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; It was just a reference point.

As far as your "doubting" that it costs that much, I'd suggest that if you don't have facts, don't talk. I've been over to Japan and know the costs for purchase, de-registration, and shipping. I've also bought two cars from there and paid the costs. I know...My wallet knows. The price reflects the cost I paid, plus some extra for my time, and for the fact that there is only 2 of these in Western Canada, probably all of Canada, and I got them both. OOP??? the car is like new. I know what it needs to pass inspection, and how to do it. I've already got mine on the road, inspected and insured. No extra costs except the inspection itself.

This is a For Sale thread. If you want to complain about the price I'm asking, start your own thread in Off Topic. I don't care. I'm looking for serious buyers that love thier MX-3's and want an oppertunity to own a JDM car.

Mooneggs:

The chassis code is EC8SE. The engine I believe is a K8-ZE, but I can't confirm. I believe that it's a Fi-X as the Hi-X has no A/C.

Tyler
Elected Dictator

Ruby Mica

Ruby Mica

Black

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”