Fuel pump not getting electricity

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
edward_rose_77
antispam: No

Re: Fuel pump not getting electricity

Post by edward_rose_77 »

I always wrap duct tape around anything that I blow through. And I never INHALE through anything like that :)

Unless the FPR is malfunctioning, but would still pass my multitester tests, then it's fine. I can hear the coil click when giving power to the coil, and I do get a connection when checking the switch terminals as power is applied to the coil side.

As far as the cable harness back by the fuel pump, no, power is not making it there. That was my original reason for rigging 12-volts directly to the fuel pump so I could get to work on Saturday and Sunday. And again, I disconnected that this morning and used a jumper wire on the switch side of the FPR to get to work today. (Monday) So this rules out a problem with the cable going from the front of the car to the back of the car.

And no. There aren't any blown fuses unless there's some I don't know about. (One box near hood release and other near battery) Maybe wiring shorted, but would the car run with the FPR switch jumped if wiring is shorted?

Like I said though, with the jumper wire on the switch side of the FPR, the FPR constantly clicks and flutters while driving. But this could just be the computer freaking out because I have the switch jumped. Then again, and logically, I would never know if the FPR clicks and flutters without the jumper because, of course, the car won't run for more than 2 seconds without the jumper. :shrug:

One odd thing about driving with the jumper on FPR compared to direct voltage to the fuel pump... when driving with the jumper on the FPR, the car bogs a little when I give a lot of gas in any gear. But not bad enough to prevent RPM's from winding up, and not enough to make me nervous. All in all, car did fine today 8 miles to work and 8 miles back. (With red lights and stop signs)

Edward Rose

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”