New car

Off-Topic Discussions
wytbishop

Re: New car

Post by wytbishop »

Jesus, Mary and Joseph!!! That is one jam packed engine bay. Cool car though...if you didn't have to work on it ever.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

Gotta agree. When I look at it, it's like "dang.. that's so nice.."

but when you pop open the hood it's like "......................"

I haven't had to work on it "yet".. but being as old as it is I'm sure something will pop up..
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

And I thought changing the timing belt on my KLZE was hard, this looks like you'll actually have to pull the motor to do it.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

Illa Killa wrote:Nice car, I'm sure you'll have fun cruising the highway with that. They're alot more comfortable than some of the other high HP TT cars of the 90s.
ninjajim4 wrote:love those cars man... always have. it's mitsu's one redeeming aspect. what color?
Seriously? What about the 4G63 motor? What about Galant VR4s, Eclipse GST/GSXs, EVO I-IXs? Last I checked they beat the hell out of the 3000GT in horsepower numbers, ease of modibility (is that a word??), gas mileage, and reliability. The 4G63 is the strongest 4 banger ever built, how is that not a redeeming aspect for Mitsu?
which of ANY of those puts out more hp than a gto vr-4?? and cmon man... galant is a redeeming quality for mitsu? that's a hard sell :confused2:
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Diamante had the 3000GT engine in it as well...

...sucker burns oil like crazy.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

ninjajim4 wrote: which of ANY of those puts out more hp than a gto vr-4?? and cmon man... galant is a redeeming quality for mitsu? that's a hard sell :confused2:
None of those cars have more HP than a stock 3000GT VR4 but that motor has way more potential than a GTO motor has, its a fact. An Eclipse GSX, EVO VII, VIII, or IX with bolt-ons and stock turbo would kill a bolt-on stock turbos 3000GT anytime. An upgraded turbo of any of those above cars would kill an upgraded turbo 3000GT also. The 4G63 2.0L 4 cylinder motor that you are saying is not a redeeming quality of Mitsu routinely makes over 1000whp, 2.0L engine I'll stress again. Thats pretty redeeming to me. :shrug:

Also, the Galant VR4 is not just any Galant. Thats like saying a Celica All-Trac is just a Celica, a 323GTR is just a 323, or an EVO is just a Mirage or Lancer. Its a completely different animal.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

lol Nice car! I had a 92 TT Stealth and I loved it! Too bad when you try to get parts you get rapped on prices! That was the reason I sold mine. Do a light weight flywheel, clutch, intake, exhaust, and a boost controller and that is the most noticeable mod that you can do without messing with turbos or anything else. I took down a few cars with just those mods including an R32 Skyline, 400HP Mustang, SRT-4, Ferrari 308 (all the way up to 165MPH) Good luck! Here are some pics of my old Stealth:

ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

Illa Killa wrote:
ninjajim4 wrote: which of ANY of those puts out more hp than a gto vr-4?? and cmon man... galant is a redeeming quality for mitsu? that's a hard sell :confused2:
None of those cars have more HP than a stock 3000GT VR4 but that motor has way more potential than a GTO motor has, its a fact. An Eclipse GSX, EVO VII, VIII, or IX with bolt-ons and stock turbo would kill a bolt-on stock turbos 3000GT anytime. An upgraded turbo of any of those above cars would kill an upgraded turbo 3000GT also. The 4G63 2.0L 4 cylinder motor that you are saying is not a redeeming quality of Mitsu routinely makes over 1000whp, 2.0L engine I'll stress again. Thats pretty redeeming to me. :shrug:

Also, the Galant VR4 is not just any Galant. Thats like saying a Celica All-Trac is just a Celica, a 323GTR is just a 323, or an EVO is just a Mirage or Lancer. Its a completely different animal.
alright man... i don't like mitsubishis. most ppl don't and not without good reason. the 3000gt vr4 is the only car that came out of the factory with some respectable numbers, and it's the only car they make that i like, hence my offhand comment. i'm not about to get into a battle-of-the-car-brains pissing match over it
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Its all good, I hate Mitsu also.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

I think mitsu has made many nice looking cars, and their evo line looks very sharp... Don't know about the reliability/power/engines though. Just pretty. Like this thing. Looks good. Although I believe the tails seem to be on the top of the trunk instead of the back, right? :P
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

3000gt's look narsty...def. a good looking car.

But yeah, nearly all mitsu's are terrible for reliability. I hate eclipses, esp. ones that think they're faster than my unpainted ZE MX3. (Not talkin about the turbo AWD ones, people just THINK they own that when they're really driving an auto slow car)

If you wetsand that paint and buff it it will look like NEW. Looks good!
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

mx-3_4evr wrote:lol Nice car! I had a 92 TT Stealth and I loved it! Too bad when you try to get parts you get rapped on prices! That was the reason I sold mine. Do a light weight flywheel, clutch, intake, exhaust, and a boost controller and that is the most noticeable mod that you can do without messing with turbos or anything else. I took down a few cars with just those mods including an R32 Skyline, 400HP Mustang, SRT-4, Ferrari 308 (all the way up to 165MPH) Good luck! Here are some pics of my old Stealth:
awesome car!!

Now, what about a BOV?

So far i've done the intake (not sure if you can call it cold-air since not much room haha), headers, and a boost gauge.

I have a boost controller, but didn't want to install it before getting a good dyno. I also have on it's way a turbo timer, so when it comes I'll install that.

Will look on the flywheel as well.. see what I can find.
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

If you get a BOV make sure it re-circulates back into the intake. I didn't have a problem on mine being dumped into the atmosphere, but just to be safe. I would also get a boost gauge, the stock one is way off. I went with a Fidanza flywheel, but I'm sure a knock off will do as well :D
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

mx-3_4evr wrote:If you get a BOV make sure it re-circulates back into the intake. I didn't have a problem on mine being dumped into the atmosphere, but just to be safe. I would also get a boost gauge, the stock one is way off. I went with a Fidanza flywheel, but I'm sure a knock off will do as well :D
i'll check on that. Here is a n00b question but do all cars have a BOV? like.. do you know if the VR4 comes stock with one?

And.. boost gauge? Check! (installed it the day after i got the car)

If I go with any parts with this car, it's going to be the good stuff. So I'll be looking into the Fidanza flywheel for sure
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

^ cool! Just get ready to pay $400 for a flywheel! :lol:

Return to “Off-Topic”