v6 cylinder NIGHTMARE

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
SuperK
Supporting Member

Re: v6 cylinder NIGHTMARE

Post by SuperK »

did you figure how to take the injectors out?

Find some impact screwdriver if you can, like a drill or something with a philips head. Remove the screws holding the black top to the fuel rail. lift the black top off.

Take a circular rod or somethign similar to hit the bottom of the injector (the part that goes into the engine) UP, to knock it out of the fuel rail.

But first, buy a o-ring injector rebuild kit. It's like 20 bucks for all six injectors, two o rings per injector.

The o rings will break apart when you try to reseat them most likely if you put them in with the original ones.

get some petroleum or some oil, wet the injector's o-rings before installation.

It's very possible you have a shut injector. I would suggest buying a replacement set and/or sending them off to get professionally cleaned and flow tested at somewhere like witchhunterperformance.com.

It very sounds like a stuck shut injector.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
mazdags94

Re: v6 cylinder NIGHTMARE

Post by mazdags94 »

Good point about the screws. When removing the screws that hold the black harness in place, on each fuel rail, BE CAREFUL. These things will strip very easily. You can do SuperK's method above or try a short, 90 degree phillips head. Make sure it's in directly straight and turn. I like to use short, quick motions just to break them free, then I use a regular screwdriver.

Hope this helps. But definitely do the O-rings and see if that works. I fyou buy the kit and it doesn't fix the prob, then you could suspect the injector itself.
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”