[FS] Polyurethane Bushings

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
Flyer

Re: [FS] Polyurethane Bushings

Post by Flyer »

Payment has been initiated, according to the Paypals...of course, I am the idiot who will go 90A all around...
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I'm excited to see how the different hardnesses work out! You may have the best handling MX-3!
I'm just going by the difference between my stock car, and the Poly ones on the fast car. I'm pretty sure they're 90A because the rear steering doesn't feel very active. It's freaking tight, though! There's no wiggle when I hit a pothole with one wheel, even with the thicker swaybar, and solid endlinks.
I want it to be as active as possible for autocross, but don't want anything weird like bump-stop.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

You should link to the gauging interest thread in the first post so those unaware can read up on the development process.
Cody
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

One question before I put a down payment, does the front bushings have a caster setting for lowered cars? Like the hole on the bushing is offset from the center :D
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

No, honestly it never occurred to me to try. The thing is it would require a different mold, which would affect the price pretty significantly.

IF this GB goes well that would definitely be something I would look into for the future.
Last edited by wytbishop on February 21st, 2009, 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I updated the top post to include some of the pertinent information from the GI thread.

Also I read the article that John posted and in it they tested the durometer of the Miata stock bushings to be A55-65. That's pretty soft. I would suggest that ours are likely exactly the same stock firmness. Knowing that, I would say that A70 will be a really nice improvement while still being compliant.

Onlytrueromeo and Flyer have made their deposits. Don't worry guys. You'll get it all back if these cheap bastards don't come through.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I want to throw out some added incentive.

I'm working on a few other things. This GB is by far the most expensive to me in terms of overhead costs. The members who pitch in to get this GB off the ground will be offered attractive rebates on future products.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

^To add to that, they also said that the performance bushings they used were anywhere from 75A to 88A. 70A WILL be an improvement over stock, and 90A will be good if you're using it as a track car only or are seriously crazy about handling. I chose 80A because I thought it was a good improvement while not going too crazy. I have ground controls which are at least 2x stiffer than stock plus they are a linear spring so there is no forgiveness. Car is tight and rides well over small bumps (you can feel all the small bumps but they're crisper than stock - better I feel) but the big bumps is where it hurts - I try not to hit potholes because there is no forgiveness. Expect bushings to do something similar. You will be able to tell the grooves in the pavement by how the vibrate the car and the tar spots will be magnified, but it won't jar your spine or feel like mush like in a buick - they will feel crisp.

I also expect my control arms+links to rebound alot faster since my bushings are so rotten I have to PULL my wheels down when I jack the car up. Seriously not cool. No more preloads!

GET ON BOARD!
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

OK thats cool. I get my deposit on Monday, I might just pay for the whole thing actually :D
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

If you're ordering the full kit, he hasn't figured out shipping yet because we don't know how much it will weight!
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

What are these plated with? Whatever it is would decrease corrosion (not trying to be a pain). I'm just curious.

http://www.flyinmiata.com/index.php?dep ... r=13-98112" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

That is Cadmium. I could look into it. Not sure how much it would cost...probably pretty cheap. Good idea.
Last edited by wytbishop on February 21st, 2009, 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Yeah I saw it and was like (insert lightbulb) I thought it was zinc plating, but I wasn't sure. I have no experience w/ electroplating or chemical coatings of any kind. If it's cheap, I would definitely want it! Not trying to make your life more of a hassle though :lol:
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Actually I'm pretty sure it's Cadmium. I'm looking into right now. Nothing is open on the weekend though. I'll send out some emails on Monday. If it's not too expensive I'll throw it in.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

You've got a payment disguised as a Giraffe!
Cody

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”