What are these plugs for?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
onlytrueromeo

Re: What are these plugs for?

Post by onlytrueromeo »

I just checked again after installing my downpipes, and I think they're all EGR plugs. The two in the back that I couldn't figure out connect to another solenoid thing that attaches behind the TB on the K8 with hoses that go directly to the EGR. The Gray plug (3 prong) plugs into the EGR itself, and the black plug goes into a solenoid thingy that attaches to the stock airbox. There are tubes that go from this to the EGR as well. Since I don't want the EGR system, I think it's safe to say I don't need any of these 4 plugs - I am just confused because all the other posts only talk about 2 or 3 plugs for the EGR not 4.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

If you don't hook up your EGR you'll always throw a code. You can disconnect it from the exhaust, just connect everytnig else. Make sure you plug your coolant lines as well.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Yeh I was thinking about doing that. Doesn't the chipped ECU fix the EGR code?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”