Which EPROM to change on the k8 ECU ?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
maryus

Re: Which EPROM to change on the k8 ECU ?

Post by maryus »

if you know about computers (bios for eg) you cant go wrong , there is a sign on the board and aswell on the chip which has to match

Yes sir . there is no doubt , early K8 Ecu cant be chipped , and the chip that has to be replaced , was the one i picked it ... i reaziled it , cause the chip looked like it can be flashed , so i was thinking that it has to be that one ;)
'92 Black Mazda Mx-3 - kl-ze
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I have emailed ryan for a chip... once I get it how do I install it on the ECU? I'm a n00b when it comes to circuitboards :? any help is appreciated!

I'm installing it on this ECU from a 94 GS ATX:
maryus

Post by maryus »

i changed the chip with the code on it ... But i is not working .. I've got the right chip from Ryan , but with the chip or without the chip installed the engine does not start without pushing the gas.

when it starts after 10 sec i have a biiiggg cloud of blue smoke or black dunno ... aniway that tells me that the chip does not make it right in there..... or the pc board does not recognize it ... i had the on with the 2042 code .. the one that was supposed to be chipable ..

So i checked all the connections from the chip with the board , and i've got possitive , i mean all the connections where good ....... i've gave up , and i realized a kl-36 should do it just fine , better then the k8 ecu anyway ;)

Car is for sale now : 3000$ (with the Southbend OFE STAGE III clutch kit in the trunk) :)

the true reason is that next week im returning to full time studies and it is a private school which end to be kind of expensive ..anyway i need some cash urgent
'92 Black Mazda Mx-3 - kl-ze

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”