damn 60'

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
kab-rst

Re: damn 60'

Post by kab-rst »

sorry for the poor english i'll try to do my best

using 14'' honeycomb (WAY lighter than our stock winter rims here) for my drag radial;
i reduced psi from 18 to 13,
used drag launch moderatly to warm up tires(this thing is so cool)
i tried to put the gaz pedal all the way down when i was building boost(allways were on half throtle while psi buildup)
it is not a 2 step with backfire etc... it's a launch control from the MS, so i tried to be ''less friendly'' with the launch and ''civic'd it'' till redline while building boost a long time. dropped to 2.1, and hitted 13.4, i'm tottally sure i can dropp it more when it's get colder outside.

my goal are acheived, i'm now upping the boost to 20psi in the next week, i have to change my map sensor.

lime...how the hell can you go to 110-120 mph, ure shifting 5th gear?i just dont see how can i go higher than the revlimiter of the 4th gear. i did noticed that the more my 60' are low, the slower i get to the line(2.1=106mph vs 2.2-2.3=108mph)i guess that if i get my start to be shorter i'll get to the line while having no time to get to higher speed.
and how can you get .4 out of ure best time by staying at 18psi?

anyways, i'm still on stock internal, so this winter i'll stop wondering how much it can take, and i'll go ith a bigger turbo on a/m internal to get even faster. i feel like i'm not getting anything anymore...like if doing mid 13 was getting dull,so since i dont want to go home, i'll go BIG. garrett t3 was too small afterall
96 rs-t mx-3, 12.62@114
u have the Zoom Zoom feeling?
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

maybe its a better setup than ur not by much but some what custom intake manifold 70mm TB TEC II, 350HP intercooler 2.5in piping.. old setup of course not to mention i was running open downpipe which helps a lot on top end. and was 2170lb with me in it.. weight does count for a bit.. the bp-de head does flow better than a BPT head. along with a 57 trim turbo at the time.. I push my BP-DE to 8,000 RPMS and used every bit of it.. through i tried to not over rev my times where slower when i did.. 12.4 was the best i got thats why i upgraded everything its on my signature . I been trying too say for a years now u go with a tiny T3 Im not even going to go there.. not to mention i have one hell of a street tune from RIC at RACING MAZDA. till this day i don't have it dynoed old and new setup cause what i do is crazy careless not street able I don't give a flying F U ( k. My MX-3 don't like it don't care think little u get little..

My bro went MS as much as he like the system when u switch to TEC II he love it better than MSII might want to consider it. the calmer u get at the line to where its like taking a shyt the faster u get it seems like got use to ur power at 14psi and ur not scared of it anymore reason y u want more same thing apply to the line.. my 2 step psi is at 8psi and my best times where with out it lunching at 5,000-5,500 rpms taking off on that yellow light.

how the hell can you go to 110-120 mph, larger setup than u. there a bit of factors compared to mine we have different turbo setups.. ur last sentence said it all go bigger
Last edited by Limegreen mx-3 on August 8th, 2008, 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
kab-rst

Post by kab-rst »

i want to go gt28rs+3'' exaust this winter
i allready have the bp head,wich is new,
2.5''everywhere, straight line,i/c piping are 2.5''too, fmic, i didin't weight the car but i stripped it this winter(had to keep the vent tho)

if i change rod/pistons i'll be able to say hello to REAL boost,

so i have to change something in the valvetrain to get to 8000 rpm?!? or is it simply your bigger TB, because exept the TB and the bigger turbo i dont really see what would stop me from getting there...well, if i'm comparing my stuff to yours

this winter's gonna be upgrade time i guess

my MS is tuned my mazdasly on mx-3quebec.com, he's a living example for all the mazda tuning in quebec, so i'll hang with the MS for a year or 2
96 rs-t mx-3, 12.62@114
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

kab-rst wrote:i want to go gt28rs+3''
I go bigger but ur choice
kab-rst wrote:if i change rod/pistons i'll be able to say hello to REAL boost,
considering u have a BPT bottom end i can't see why it can't handle 20-25psi with ease.. Hell I did 18-20psi on a stock BP-DE BLOCK with a bigger turbo than yours for almost a year until it took a shyt. invest into a GT32 turbo not to big not to small spools quick can get u 300whp with a good tune.. Imagemight want to look into this
kab-rst wrote:so i have to change something in the valvetrain to get to 8000 rpm?!?
I don't thing so i had the rev limit set at 8,000rpms by RIC@RM thats what he pushes the stock BP valvetrain too. 8,100-8,200 rpms is pushing it i wanted that but he advised NO.
kab-rst wrote:or is it simply your bigger TB, because exept the TB and the bigger turbo i dont really see what would stop me from getting there...well, if i'm comparing my stuff to yours
who knows i don't have a mazda TB i have the 5.0 mustang 70mm TB along with a custom intake manifold im not sure what size turbo ur running with.. who knows maybe cause my bp has a higher compression than u ETC ETC could be a few factors or better driver.. compared engine bay to engine bay i'll post a pic..
kab-rst wrote:this winter's gonna be upgrade time i guess
be wise on ur upgrade setup.. hate to see u double or triple spend cause u want a little more power.. on the old pic above the only things i upgraded was the intercooler, turbo, fuel rail FPR, 1,000cc injectors and a six puck disk.

kab-rst wrote:my MS is tuned my mazdasly on mx-3quebec.com, he's a living example for all the mazda tuning in quebec, so i'll hang with the MS for a year or 2
good for u stick with what u like.. can't say nothing about that.

i'll post new pic on the new setup when im done with it and have dyno charts to show power output and video of track times.. rite now its on hold got other things i got to take care of. thats LIFE
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
RbluE_MX-6

Post by RbluE_MX-6 »

used drag launch moderatly to warm up tires(this thing is so cool)
i tried to put the gaz pedal all the way down when i was building boost(allways were on half throtle while psi buildup)
it is not a 2 step with backfire etc..
my goal are acheived, i'm now upping the boost to 20psi in the next week, i have to change my map sensor.

lime...how the hell can you go to 110-120 mph, ure shifting 5th gear?i just dont see how can i go higher than the revlimiter of the 4th gear. i did noticed that the more my 60' are low, the slower i get to the line(2.1=106mph vs 2.2-2.3=108mph)i guess that if i get my start to be shorter i'll get to the line while having no time to get to higher speed.
and how can you get .4 out of ure best time by staying at 18psi?

anyways, i'm still on stock internal, so this winter i'll stop wondering how much it can take, and i'll go ith a bigger turbo on a/m internal to get even faster. i feel like i'm not getting anything anymore...like if doing mid 13 was getting dull,so since i dont want to go home, i'll go BIG. garrett t3 was too small afterall[/quote]

My bro's mx3 is on a stock BP-DE. He is using drag slicks and launching at around 5000 rpm's. Plus his turbo and his tuning is quite different than yours. Honestly, your setup is nowhere near where his is right now, which is why your having trouble find the sweet spots to get the times my bro has gotten. Now if your setup was identical to my bros and your not getting his times than the only thing I can think of is your at a higher elevation or its the tuning.

Case and point, your set up and lime's are like comparing apples to oranges. Too many variables to assume that your setup will run like his because they are too different.
88 Mx-6 GT FE-DOHC rebuilt

Too much to list...
JoshVK
Supporting Member

Post by JoshVK »

Maybe it the weight of my motor, But i run 2.1 - 2.2 60foots on average thats for a mid 14 pass. and i do it on full pressure street tires :) i have a best of a 1.9 but ive only done it twice, and i can only seem to find one timeslip...
1996 MX-3 GS - rollin' on Rota Slipstreams, (Red, Deep Tint, Black Lip)
True Straight Neck KLZE with TB relocate. Custom Cold air Intake. 2.25 Exhaust to Bosal muffler.
ACT Stage 2, Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel, Short Shifter with CorkSport Bushings and SS Clutch Line.
Suspension Techniques Springs On Zx2 Struts. SRD Control arm Bushings, Custom Sway Bar Links
kab-rst

Post by kab-rst »

JoshVK wrote:Maybe it the weight of my motor, But i run 2.1 - 2.2 60foots on average thats for a mid 14 pass. and i do it on full pressure street tires :) i have a best of a 1.9 but ive only done it twice, and i can only seem to find one timeslip...

best 60' for me was 2.0 on drag radial, and 1.7-1,8 on M/T

i got the grip after serval runs
96 rs-t mx-3, 12.62@114
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

I run consistent 2.1s on street tires. Never gone on drags or slicks. I cut consistent 2.0s on street tires in my old probe.

I put spring blocks in the rear to prevent squating and just slip it to the verge of breaking traction in first.

Practice is key and more power is typically not the answer. Traction>Power. You could try practicing on lower boost and then gradually increase it back up once you start seeing satisfactory numbers.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”