Sludge - I need help!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
marcdh

Re: Sludge - I need help!

Post by marcdh »

hmm I wouldn't be best pleased with that, doesn't look like an engine that was cared for. Mine came with over 70,000km:

But that sludge will mostly flush out, though you gotta wonder how much wear has taken place due to the poor oil? Compression test would be my next move, if they will not give you a cleaner one.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Yes yours does like nice but the rest of the engine points to what I would consider lowish kms. Took of timing belt cover etc and everything in there, water pump, etc looks nice and clean. Still going to replace all that but on a high km engine you'd expect the water pump and whatnot to get a little corrosion or signs of wear or something on it here and there.

I'm guessing my engine has probably done around 100,000kms with probably infrequent services, maybe oil change every 10,000-20,000 and or using cheap oil. That doesn't mean the engine will be trash though. I'll whack some good oil in, service it every 5,000 kms and it should be alright.

I only plan to use the car as a decent daily driver. If I wanted to redline it and set fast 1/4 mile times etc I'd get the engine rebuilt instead and whack a decent turbo setup on there. But if it can do 100,000 -150,000 kms with no major drama I'd be pretty happy. I only do about 12-15,000 kms a year so it'd take me some time to build up 100,000 on the engine.

These engines in a light car, not driven really hard and serviced frequently should have no issues lasting 350,000kms from brand new in my opinion.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

100,000 is new for a Jap engine and hey Tigerjapanese has a few other warehouses world wide so you may of bought from them and didn't even know it. I'm sure once you install it everything will be fine. After I did a flush X2 on mine it runs quiet with no ticking.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”