My other, other, other, other ride!

Off-Topic Discussions
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: My other, other, other, other ride!

Post by fowljesse »

That would be friggin' great. I'm bidding ($5) on a random expansion chamber for 80cc on Ebay.

I do intend to make it down to your place sometime soon. If you want, I could come down any time.

Yeah, 2stroke. The power scares me, as of now, but mainly because of the bike, and not knowing how well I mounted it, etc.. It seems to just get into the powerband when I'm going as fast as I want (about 35), where it starts to smooth out, just before it spins with actual power. If the bike could handle it, I think this setup would go about 50. After Burning Man, I'm going to build a serious 50lb Motorcycle capable of 70 mph, or lose alot of skin trying. My neighbor builds serious downhill frames for the top manufacturers, and he, and his co-workers are interested in building a frame around the engine! After I switched the plug wire with a piece of NGK, off an old set of GS wires, and opened the intake, and exhaust, and tweaked a couple of things, it really started to scare me. There's a steepish hill I screamed up, and was impressed. The bike alone weighs about 70 lbs, and I'm at about 185.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

On the exhaust port measure the two mounting bolts from center to center. My two strokes are all 28-46cc so I think my pipes are going to be too small. Your other issue is going to be how to mount the damn thing.....without buring your leg.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

If I don't get the Ebay one, I'm sure yours would be less restrictive than the one on it. I would just weld, or clamp it onto the pipe that's on there. Then, I was thinking about header wrapping it.
How many HP are your 48's? This one is 6 HP peak, with the way it came, so I can get a little more. That exhaust is really restrictive. I had to blow pretty hard into the big end, to feel anything coming out the other end, and I put a better breathing filter on it.
I wish I could take it down to your place, so you could ride it.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Daninski wrote: For anyone else interested a chain saw motor works well too.
This is true. If anyone's interested, I have a brand new Stihl motor that's 2 3/4 HP, and complete, with gas tank, clutch, and everything. I got it for $275, but would sell it for $100.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Email me a pic of the motor. Jaridp@gmail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

I need to move to the west coast and bring my toys with me so I can hang with you guys ..
Seems like no one on this forum is from around me anymore ..
I'm into all these stupid motorized vehicles too . haha :roll:
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Yeah! We could have a toy meet. Mooneggs has electric pocket bikes, and jarid has GoPeds. We could see if the other local Mxers have such things.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

me and two buddies go on goped rides thru troutdale/gresham on Sundays over to PDX airport. Normally about a 40 mile ride. Its a blast!
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
nerd racing
Supporting Member

Post by nerd racing »

do the po po give you any grief about that thing? It sounds like a wicked cool design, I just think the cops around here would have my boys for riding around on something like that.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I haven't encoutered any, yet. With my luck, they will bust me, when they see me. I need to look up the laws. In places I've lived before, anything under 50cc is considered the same as a bicycle, and there's no way to tell that this is bigger than 49cc.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Here's a motor for ya.

Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Nice! What are the specs?
I won the 80cc exp. chamber for $.99! Should I put it on with a spring?
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

It is a 40cc engine. 15:1 compression, case ported and port matched. Runs 100 octane race fuel! Max speed ive gotten outta this beast is 49.8mph.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

cjthor wrote:It is a 40cc engine. 15:1 compression, case ported and port matched. Runs 100 octane race fuel! Max speed ive gotten outta this beast is 49.8mph.
Sick did I ever show you pics of my pit bikes ?
I know you asked when I was asking if anyone else rides them but I don't remember if I ended up posting them ?
Kris -
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Let's make this a "Other, other, other ride" forum for eveyone! Well, keeping it to 2 stroke, or electric rides.

Return to “Off-Topic”