tmac4t4's '94 mx3 gs k8

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!

what motor for the swap?

klze
58%
klde
17%
de/ze
17%
k8 turbo
4%
k8 turbo
4%

Total votes: 24

tmac4t4

Re: tmac4t4's '94 mx3 gs k8

Post by tmac4t4 »

thats the whole point...i have a k8...and he couldnt keep up worth a dam...........and he had a klde with intake and exhaust,,also full car of ppl..jus goes to show its all about the driver, not the horsepower
ImageImageImageImage
Stablo87

Post by Stablo87 »

tmac4t4 wrote:thats the whole point...i have a k8...and he couldnt keep up worth a dam...........and he had a klde with intake and exhaust,,also full car of ppl..jus goes to show its all about the driver, not the horsepower

It still makes no sense. :|
npspears

Post by npspears »

Stablo87 wrote:
tmac4t4 wrote:thats the whole point...i have a k8...and he couldnt keep up worth a dam...........and he had a klde with intake and exhaust,,also full car of ppl..jus goes to show its all about the driver, not the horsepower

It still makes no sense. :|
Apparently there were some BIG people in that mx-6 :shrug:
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

wait! isn't your car auto? How skilled do you have to be to step on the gas and watch the rpms go up and then shift for you? You said playing cat & mouse, like going thru traffic? well if you car was empty and the mx-6 full, then I guess that makes sense... but a kl-de should be able to take you anytime w/o fat a-- girlfriends :lol: .
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

yes, my car is auto,,and yes, i have mastered how to use the HOLD button..which is a freaking godsend with this transmission!!...and yes, there was some good sized people in the car.lol..but yea i dont really understand how he wasnt keeping up, but he was trying, because the first thing i asked him after i stopped laughin was if he only had the 4 banger, which woulda made alot more sense,,but nope..klde,,and dont forget my car is lowered with front sway bar and 17's...i am able to weave without lettin off the gas,where he was not able to do that..all i can say is there are 4 more people in the world that are now goin to look at the mx3 with a whole new perspective :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

TIP OF THE DAY - dont trust the color of the lid when buying paint.

i just did the body work today, nothing too extensive just fixed the rust spots on both rear wheel wells...the lid of the spray paint matched the car perfectly, so i trusted it,,wasnt till after i sprayed the car that i realized it was off..oh well, will be a minor fix when i can get the right color..i painted the wiper arm too..it seemed to match alright, mind you i wasnt as heavy with the coats..im gona see if a wetsand/buff will make the paint match but i dont think it will be perfect by no means...
ImageImageImageImage
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

the wiper arm color looks decent but where's your other one? I'm hoping you don't say "I took it off on purpose" :shock:
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

moon, off course he did ... that the so called one wiper conversion .... :confused2:
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

ya it was the toughest mod ive ever done :roll:
i honestly like how it looks, i was givin the wiper blade for free cus the 2 that were on the car were crap..BUT, after seeing how the wiper arm looks painted,,i might go out and splurge and buy another blade...but i still like how it looks now,,but yea, it isnt very cool on the highway in the rain...still gona paint the rear wiper arm too though.
ImageImageImageImage
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Did you get into the cam, somehow, so that it goes all the way across? If so, I'm going to do it. If not, I'll see if I can do that, so it goes from left bottom, to right bottom.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

Last edited by tmac4t4 on July 21st, 2008, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

fowljesse wrote:Did you get into the cam, somehow, so that it goes all the way across? If so, I'm going to do it. If not, I'll see if I can do that, so it goes from left bottom, to right bottom.
now that would be cool like those euro cars 8)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

It looks like it's stuck up there.
Some time, I'll look at the cam mechanism, and see what it would take to do this mod. However, even done right, there would be a triangular area that would not get wiped.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Stablo87

Post by Stablo87 »

Mooneggs wrote:
fowljesse wrote:Did you get into the cam, somehow, so that it goes all the way across? If so, I'm going to do it. If not, I'll see if I can do that, so it goes from left bottom, to right bottom.
now that would be cool like those euro cars 8)
Off topic:

M, did you end up trying the 28" wiper in the rear?
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

Last edited by tmac4t4 on July 21st, 2008, 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”