Lowering SPrings

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
marcdh

Re: Lowering SPrings

Post by marcdh »

my springs are opposite, slightly lower on the back if anything! Though the rear arches are tighter, so it's probably even. Mine are dropped 40mm Pi springs and Bilstein OEM standard shocks
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

wel - after finishing the install of the rear KYBs last night - it seems things have evened out a bit more...then i stuck about 75 pounds of drywall mud (in a box) in the trunk space and that evened it out even more :D - so yay! thanks for everyone's input :)
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

good to hear,,the last thing i wanted to read was a post about hackin up some perfectly good springs :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

zzzoomx3 wrote:LOL _ yes well, unlike others who have butchered their springs - we used to do it at the Ferrari shop i worked at and there is a 'right' way to do it :) - i shall post a worklog on it - should it come to that. :)
Cutting springs is for ricers, and if you worked at a shop, you'd know it's also illegal. Even if you do it "right", you're still doing it. It changes the spec on the spring, it voids the warranty, and it changes the intended car balance.

So yeah. Good thing you didn't do it.
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

i'm not trying to argue here - but if you saw half the things we did in the shop, well...lets just say most defied all kinds of laws and logic - like a 4,000 HP 4 cylinder engine...yes 4,000 and the world's fastest ferrari and porsche, including a ferrari dragster . we made cars from scratch - from mere bars of aluminum tubing, we made our own engine blocks, we fabricated anything possible we needed from scratch or other parts, we made these things for people that had more money than brains or just to see if it was possible...2 of our customers were John Carmack and John Romero, but they obviously had brains - we built cars that broke every kind of record and law, needless to say i learned alot about fabricating and engineering from one of the most brilliant men in the industry, including modifying springs to make them do what we wanted them to do - so when i talk about modifying something to make it work the way i want it to - i know what i'm doing - and its not hacking. again, i'm not trying to argue, fight or slam...just saying that i'm not some newbie hack.
Last edited by zzzoomx3 on June 7th, 2008, 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Which shop was it?
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

norwood autocraft in dallas

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”