Slower at WOT...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Re: Slower at WOT...

Post by V8KOMX3 »

3200lbs is way off the car is closer to 2500 depending on options and what not. Also our power band does not go to 7k it goes to 6500 so your shifting is fine. shifting at 6700 could actually be better to keep you in the power band. show some pics of under your hood. by the vid I didnt really see that it was very slow but Its hard to judge, if you have the accordian style intake system that is notorious for leaks. pull the codes on your car as well and see what you get that will tell you alot...

1sicMXZE obviously has no idea what he is talking about :roll:
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Did you try spraying parts cleaner, or something? It's the sure way to tell if there's a leak.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

I usally don't listen to people when they tell me to shift at this rpm, or that rpm. I've been around cars and tinkered with them long enough to know when my car's power curve drops. Thanks for clearing up the weight of these cars for me and him. When I read 3,200... I was like "WTF?!". Thank goodness he was wrong.
I'll try the tb cleaner spray or whatever it is. I recently just took off my filter because it was just hanging. The clamps split the rubber on it, so I pulled it off. Of course that has nothing to do with it, plus it's been having this problem way before that, so...

I'll take some more video of my car, Just for you guys to have a all around view and what-not....
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

SmoothMX3 wrote:I usally don't listen to people when they tell me to shift at this rpm, or that rpm. I've been around cars and tinkered with them long enough to know when my car's power curve drops. Thanks for clearing up the weight of these cars for me and him. When I read 3,200... I was like "WTF?!". Thank goodness he was wrong.
I'll try the tb cleaner spray or whatever it is. I recently just took off my filter because it was just hanging. The clamps split the rubber on it, so I pulled it off. Of course that has nothing to do with it, plus it's been having this problem way before that, so...

I'll take some more video of my car, Just for you guys to have a all around view and what-not....
Woah... woah... You do still have your VAF sensor in place right?
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Bro ... Come on, I'm not stupid.
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Ack.. Oh yeah!

For some reason, When I put the vid on my computer... It says, ".MOV "
I'm guessing ... .MOV isnt the right video file for windows media player. why did it just start doing this lately, and how can i change it so I can let you guys see the videos?
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q249 ... ids009.flv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q249 ... ids005.flv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ok figured a way around it. check the vids out and tell me what ya think...
Savin

Post by Savin »

It almost sounds like some bearings are toast on a pully/tensioner somewhere.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Now that you say that.. Thats exactly what it sounds like. Cause I hear it more when I'm by the pullies. Oh well... That will be taken care of when I get the KLZE BEAST!!!
Savin

Post by Savin »

Haha! I guess that's one way to solve the problem. The ONLY reason I had that idea was because the pulleys on my T-bird sound like that, lol.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”