Just a got an MX3!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Norwegian81

Re: Just a got an MX3!

Post by Norwegian81 »

Not sure if this help is going to help you, but i'll give a try.

I had that same problem you have once. It starts nice when cold and then the Rev drops to low, making the car sort of jumpy when it gets warm. Im guesing you need to give alittle ekstra gas when you start driving from a standstill so the car wont die?

My problem was a fault in the Vacum hoses. Sombody had mixed two of them so they went in the wrong place and just detached another one. When I pluged that in it becamy jumpy as soon as the car got warm, and i think they had just tuned the throttle whire so that it seem ok. Anyway I put it all toghether the propper way. And no problem since.

So... In short terms (me having the mechanical intellect of a baboon) check the vacum hoses, or just tune the trottle cable. Some here are going to tell you to do a reset in the OBD thingy with a papreclip, and I do recomed this (I think:p). However I cant remember how to, just search it and it should come up.

Hope this helps and that it dident make you more confused (I know I am).

Norwegian81
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: Just a got an MX3!

Post by fowljesse »

Start with a complete tune up, and put on a CAI. For more information, look it up using the "search" @ the top of the page.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”