zzzoomx3's mx3

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: zzzoomx3's mx3

Post by umcamara »

No, I was referring to your first "angry" post. I think you've gotta have a little bit more respect for guys who've been on here for longer than you, and who contribute in a positive way (Donating money, offering good advice, not just asking questions) which are things that the guy who you snapped at have done.

If you're cool now, that's awesome. Just try to understand that you posted in the Images/Videos forum. Which is basically like saying, "Look at this guys. This is what I've got. Let the compliments/criticism begin!"

Anyhow... hopefully there's no hard feelings for anyone.

What did happen to your coolant temp guage by the way??
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

again - and please let me clarify - i wasnt angry - i just found it annoying because it wasnt a compliment or a criticism. it was just a statement that contributed nothing to the thread - that is all and anything i said about it after that was merely said to clarify that point on my behalf - i dont hate the guy or anyone else for what was said in retort in regard to the matter and its not like im going to hold it against him - that would be pointless. i welcome criticisms and whatever else as long as its contributory to the thread - bad, good, whatever. if anything i felt his comment deserved a thread of its own :P the funny thing is - i dont even have those type of rotors on my car! but anyway - enough of all that. its all good in the hood.

in the process of installing my indiglos -i basically destroyed my gauge cluster when i was trying to get the needles off. apparently when i pulled the needles the pin came out with them and when i tried to push the pins back in - they didnt get back in the way they are supposed to be ( the coolant needle pin simply broke inside the motor)

i read somewhere that someone had installed their indiglos without taking the needles off - how they accomplished this was beyond me and they never responded to my inquiry about how to do it. so basically i have to get a new gauge cluster - but i had an idea that i wanted to 'build' a cluster from other mazda clusters so that i could get the needles to 'light' up as well, but im not sure if the same needle motors will work with the connections in my cluster, etc etc.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

zzzoomx3 wrote:i read somewhere that someone had installed their indiglos without taking the needles off
I've done it that way, I shaved off the back end tip of the tach and speedo needles, for the fuel and temp, it was weird, i had to wiggle them where they actually wandered out of their range, i wont know how or what makes them do that, but it takes many tries and that trick worked when I dod Kp2t's guages too.
zzzoomx3 wrote:and if drilled/slotted rotors were dangerous and ineffective - i seriously doubt that the worlds top car manufacturers would put them on their vehicles - namely ferrari, porsche, mercedes and numerous amount of race cars - i had the wonderful pleasure of working with and for Bob Norwood who has over a hundred land speed records and builds some of the fastest cars on the planet, including a 4000 HP 4 cylinder acura drag car - the man has more engine in his skull than blood - he also uses drilled rotors and carbon fiber ones for that matter too - so im sure there is some validity in drilled and/or slotted rotors. i think a more accurate statement would be that CHEAPLY MADE drilled and/or slotted rotors are dangerous.
I'm on my second set. I get them from a buy on eBay to specialized in Brembo rotors that are cross drilled and slotted and drilled. I drive hard and race, and I have yet to experience any warping or cracking. I wanted to try and compare my setup using just blank brembo rotors, but i'm very happy with my pad rotor combo.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Well if you are trying to build a import show car as you said... what are you doing about the screen stuck on the centre console? Just asking.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

colinsmx3 wrote:Well if you are trying to build a import show car as you said... what are you doing about the screen stuck on the centre console? Just asking.
its just temporary until i design a console for the screen on the dash. it doesnt look to bad where it is now - if you see it in person - the pictures really dont do the interior justice. if you see it in person - it almost looks like it was made to go there - but since we all know it wasnt, it kills the illusion for us :P - but yeah, i have until october for HIN to come to dallas, so im going to design a fiberglass console for the screens (adding one more for the passenger side) and an amp/woofer rack for the trunk space - my goal is to make everything in the car still functional i.e. not blocking access to the spare tire or ashtray (like it is now).
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

wow thats going to HIN? My team was thinking of going to the US and getting in one of those shows close to the border but I wasnt even sure my car would get in (looking from pics in magazines of the show of course). Well you can always fiberglass the door panels like I did (not to functional unless the doors are open though.) If you need any help I have been to all the major shows up here and could give you pointers and such.
Look on the drivers door.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

thats pretty cool - i like. but your right, not very functional. i have a body kit is coming next, along with some lambo doors as well - i just think that is just such an awesome effect, so i think i should have a good qualifier for HIN - but i seriously dont expect to win - i just want to do it for the experience. the engine compartment is getting redone this weekend to match the exterior color of the car (getting rid of the red). i may just take you up on that offer - although im experience fabricator of sorts and know how to do fiberglass and bodywork - i've never done anything like what you have done for your doors, but thats the theme i have in mind for the dash and trunk space, although, i really dont want to 'mess' up my dash with something that looks completely out of place - thats why i'm trying to fabricate something that looks as though it came from the factory - if you catch my meaning.
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

UPDATE:

finally got my drilled/slotted rotors (front and rear) and front strut bar in yesterday! :D they look very nice. i was afraid the strut bar wouldnt clear the ZE, due to the horror stories i'd read about before, but it fit like a charm without any modifications. The only complaint i have about the rotors is that they are so small. I REALLY with someone would come out with a big brake kit that didn't cost and arm and a leg. I also got a MazdaSpeed steering wheel cover from a buddy in my Mazda club - it looks awesome! Here are some pics...

94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

what kind of body kit are you getting for it? drift? blitz? custom? and WHERE are you getting it from? ... just curious
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

its a toss up between the drift or the blitz - i found this awesome site for them too - bodykitz for only $500 shipped or this other site Racerwheel for only $339 plus shipping which would end up being about the same as Bodykitz.
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

nice...i got the blitz front bumper which looks great but got the drift side skirts and rear bumper and the drift rear bumper looks like...well, like poo
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

yeah - i dont like the drift rear either - racerwheel has a nice rear bumper for its kit - so i'll most likely get that one.
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

sweet...i like ur style! i'm probably gonna get me one of them too
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

:) thanks - this is the kit with the rear bumper i was talking about: but i like the drift front better - ugh - why cant they just get one kit just right :P

Johnjj728

Post by Johnjj728 »

No offense man, but i think those decals are hideous. Would look alot better without them. Also blue neons=HUGE ticket if a cop sees em. Even if they are inside the car.

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”