more power, would be better

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
bfamiluyi

Re: more power, would be better

Post by bfamiluyi »

^ from what i have learn in the past 2 years of owning a mx3 is the bpt makes about 180 hp from the factor set up add some upgrade or rebuild the motor and you dream will come thru.
FASTLANE ONLY
1993 mazda mx3 1.6 sohc K&N INTAKE R1 MUFFLER SOON TO BOOST (SOHC TURBO)
1989 nissan 240sx sr20 wreck RIP
2002 saturn Ls2 RIP
osargeant

Post by osargeant »

limegreen mx-3, I understand fully what you are saying but I dont think the average person is willing to spend the required $$$ to get the SOHC MX3 fast with the correct turbo setup so I think the best bet for this guy is a BP swap which will put him at 130hp up from 88hp and then he can decide if he wants to go from there.
JSpec Turbo MX3 (1.6 DOHC)
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/310985

Port and Polished Head, Ported Intake Manifold, Valve Job, GTX Manifold, Hybrid Turbo, Cone Filter, 2.5" Exhaust, 2.5" Downpipe, ACT Street Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, MSD 6A Ignition, Boost Retard and SS Coil, Magnecor Plug Wires, Denso Iridium Plugs, UR Lightened Pulley, Spearco FMIC, Turbo XS BOV & MBC, BEGI RRFPR, Supra Injectors, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, Autometer Gauges, Pivot Shift Light
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

osargeant wrote:limegreen mx-3, I understand fully what you are saying but I dont think the average person is willing to spend the required $$$ to get the SOHC MX3 fast with the correct turbo setup so I think the best bet for this guy is a BP swap which will put him at 130hp up from 88hp and then he can decide if he wants to go from there.
I know that hardly anyone is willing to spend the $$$$ to be somewhat faster that where there current state is.. I was once like that too.. wanting to be faster but was willing to spend $50-$300, and i didn't know much about anything. So i got off my butt researched what i wanted to do, spend months in the junkyards figuring out what parts from other mazda's, fords, kia's and ect, work with the Mx-3 through trial and error.. Hell i even work for a 1 1/2 yrs with RM learned even more about the Racing world..

but hey none of that matters some think I'm uneducated and biased and I'm all about me... (whatever) I just seen what works and what doesn't and still there are new products out there are are better than the previous stuff. seen the big boys in action and I'm no where near them.. Everything i have done to MY MX-3 I did it on my own expect the tune.

Know what, whats the point of arguing of doing a decent turbo setup im at the same place where i was in here a year ago. (NOWHERE) I mean u guys on here. only thing i can say is the V6 guys are moving up in terms of power and decent setups.

i know I'm off topic but ahh who cares do whatever u guys wan.. I'm done
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Mx3_project08 wrote:OK...I AM A HONDA GUY BUT I GOT A MX3 DONT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT BP AND WATH EVER YALL TALKING A BOUT I KNOW ABOUTH B16 B18 B20 WELL YOU GET THE POINT I NEED HELP BAD I NEED TO FIX UP MY MX3 I WANT AT LEAST 250HP BUT IT IS A SOHC AND I WANT TO SWAP PLEASE SEND ME AN EMAIL AND GIVE ME TIPS... :crying: :?: :?: :?:
HOLY CRAP THATS A LONG SENTENCE!!!!

PS. TURN YOU CAPS off.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Limegreen mx-3 wrote:
osargeant wrote:limegreen mx-3, I understand fully what you are saying but I dont think the average person is willing to spend the required $$$ to get the SOHC MX3 fast with the correct turbo setup so I think the best bet for this guy is a BP swap which will put him at 130hp up from 88hp and then he can decide if he wants to go from there.
I know that hardly anyone is willing to spend the $$$$ to be somewhat faster that where there current state is.. I was once like that too.. wanting to be faster but was willing to spend $50-$300, and i didn't know much about anything. So i got off my butt researched what i wanted to do, spend months in the junkyards figuring out what parts from other mazda's, fords, kia's and ect, work with the Mx-3 through trial and error.. Hell i even work for a 1 1/2 yrs with RM learned even more about the Racing world..

but hey none of that matters some think I'm uneducated and biased and I'm all about me... (whatever) I just seen what works and what doesn't and still there are new products out there are are better than the previous stuff. seen the big boys in action and I'm no where near them.. Everything i have done to MY MX-3 I did it on my own expect the tune.

Know what, whats the point of arguing of doing a decent turbo setup im at the same place where i was in here a year ago. (NOWHERE) I mean u guys on here. only thing i can say is the V6 guys are moving up in terms of power and decent setups.

i know I'm off topic but ahh who cares do whatever u guys wan.. I'm done

Where to start? First off, I'd like to say Lime, I respect what you have done. You've "set the bar" when it comes to the 4 bangers. I think you are great at what you do, however.. I do believe that you need to know that we all don't have the same goals as you. Many of us would like to be "quick" not "fast." We don't want to hang with the big boys, but we'd sure as hell like to stop some hondas.

For many of our goals, a full standalone is total overkill. It's like putting in 1000cc injectors when we need 370cc. There are cheaper and very reliable products out there that will give us the tune we need. For example: The AEM F/IC has many of the features that you'd normally see in a standalone. While it's limited to 50% larger injectors, it can retard timing, add fuel, has an onboard map sensor. 17 x 20 maf,map,ignition,timing,fuel and 02 maps.. Full on adjustable everything. Technology has come a long way, and it's time to change the way of thinking. will a piggy ever work for your set up? Hell no. But let some guys choose their own path. A decent turbo set up is all based on perspective and individual goals.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”