The New Toy/Toys Are Finished

Off-Topic Discussions
onlytrueromeo

Re: The New Toy/Toys Are Finished

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Turn off UAC in Vista...its worthless and makes everything slow. I personally didn't like the sidebar so I got rid of it. You also may want to look into disabling some processes as they rob the computer of speed. (Don't use MsConfig as theres a better way in Vista, I can't remember it off the top of my head)

My vista had bugs for awhile, but I kept updating and patching and updating and they all went away........so you should be ok if you update everything. (I've had Vista since about July) I had problems until recently with U3 flashdrives not working correctly w/ Vista but that seems to have been fixed. I didn't even try to patch again, I believe the problem was firmware on the USB drive, so I don't know what fixed it!

I like Vista Ultimate better than the other options. I also have a nice DVD with all versions 32 and 64 Bit that I was lucky enough to "acquire" over the summer.

If you stick with Vista, get a program called Start++ You will be happy with the results. It turns your search bar into an interactive search bar that has functions for weather, wiki, google, music, etc. Only works w/ windows media player at the moment (unless you are willing to write javascript) but I believe that will be fixed soon.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

yea i acquired Vista Ultimate, I seem to be having problems with it talking to my xp machine, Not so sure whats up with that yet, but i'll figure it out
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Update, the new computer is running at 3.2ghz now instead of 3.0 :) bout as far as i'm going to take it until i upgrade the cooling system some more, debating on water cooling
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

Dude do mineral oil cooling - its my ultimate nerd wet dream.......
shameem wrote:If you are looking into oil cooling the computer -

http://www.pugetsystems.com/submerged.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

maybe for my buddies that we're about to build, but for me nah the max i'll do is water cooled, everything else isn't worth it

se7en

Post by se7en »

water cooling works great and all(I have it)

the trouble is, it is big and bulky, and hard to make it look professional.

good luck though :)

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Upgrade :)

x2 ATI HD3850 256mb Crossfire :)

Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

more upgrades.... Oh look at that big heatsink

Return to “Off-Topic”