hope for all you guys with rough idle/power issues

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
SmoothMX3

Re: hope for all you guys with rough idle/power issues

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Well ... As of right now, I cant do nothing to it. maybe in two weeks. Buuut ... Why should plugs be right NOW? My main thing is the going then feeling the loss of power then a sudden boost of power. something holding it back or something. it's weird.
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.
eyezpinned

Post by eyezpinned »

Since i first got my car it's felt like this. Sometime when im on the gas i feel like the car get a boost of power, like i just spray'd it or something.
that's exactly what my car was doing before changing the fuel filter. picture a clogged fuel filter like drinking a milkshake (gas) with a thin straw (clogged filter). you can only drink it so fast. when you punch it, you might get a "boost," but a clogged filter cant keep up w/ the demand of fuel at wide open throttle so it almost seems like the throttle will cut out for a couple seconds. sound about right? this could also be lead to a fuel pump problem, as it's being overworked... could even be the pump, or fuel pressure regulator, or injectors, but start w/ the fuel filter... it's the cheapest of the bunch and it never hurts to change it.
93 rs: tokico struts & eibach springs, 15' rota gt3s, cf hood & gas lid, 2.5' exhaust w high-flow cat, tranny cooler, reupholstered seats, custom black interior, chrome miata handles, momo wheel & ebrake, spyder black projector lights w hid, altezzas, clear corners/sides, eclipse 8454 hu, diamond hex components w/ 3-way add-on & an re se 15' powered by 300/2v2 & 500/1 jl slash amps, corksport mazdaspeed bumper, euro mini sideskirts, fresh paint
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Yep, sounds exactly right. I'll start with that then. Once i do that i'll let ya know what goes on. thanks for the help!
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”