Turbulence Dutch mx3

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
onlytrueromeo

Re: Turbulence Dutch mx3

Post by onlytrueromeo »

That's a leather headliner?! Is it like a suede or smooth leather? What'd you do to get it to stick up there, and where did you get the material?
turbulence23

Post by turbulence23 »

@ jessy;

sure man, will make a couple of pictures asap.

for the record, its a nissan S14 engine damper, just has a bracket that goes around the bolts of the front right strut

then another bracket is placed instead of the engine lifting thingie ( you know, to lift up the engine, dont know the exact name :lol: )

its really easy and it really keaps the engine in place and prevents rocking. with the AWD engine mounts its really rocksolid now :mrgreen:

the headliner is just skaileather ( not genuine leather, dont know how you guys call it) used a gel glue to stick it to the stock roofliner, just a shame that i have a slding rooftop because making that look somewhat good was a real pain in the a**

thanx for the comments guys. :love2:

have also placed some smoked front markers to complete with the ''darker look'' of the front

i think they look kinda sweet 8)

but that will be the last update for now.. going to let her sleep in the garage for the winter, got a new front (mazdaspeed style) k-sport adjustable coilover kit has arrived and going for a complete repaint, so lot to do in a very small time :crying:
2.5L KLZE engine, CF hood, Postert frontbumper, kmax skirts, custom diffusor..

MY RIDE:
http://www.mazdamx-3.nl/members/member_show.php?id=102
turbulence23

Post by turbulence23 »

as promised to jesse

here are the pics of the engine damper.

its a nissan 240SX engine damper, with custom made brackets to mount up to the mounting underneath the stabilizer bar and to fit where the engine hoist normally is. the engine damper is adjustable, so just get 2 brackets in place, mount the damper and screw it tight.. it really prevents the engine from rocking back

hope you can do something with the pictures..

mounting @ the strut

mounting at the engine hoist

sideviews:

Total shot of the engine bay

MY RIDE:
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Thank you SO MUCH! I'm going to do it!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
turbulence23

Post by turbulence23 »

good luck..

if you need the measurments of the brackets just let me know, then i will pull everything apart and measure it up for you!

MY RIDE:
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Thanks. You're great. Your car is the closest to how I want mine, out of everything I could do to it.
Did you use the strut bolt bracket that came with the damper? I can figure out the other one. How close is it to your coolant filler?
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”