Here's a fun new problem...

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
wytbishop

Re: Here's a fun new problem...

Post by wytbishop »

I'm going to try to get a coathanger through the top of the door and pull the hatch release. If that doesn't work I think I'm going to have to try to slim-jim it. I've done so before on some other vehicles (I'm was not a car thief, I was a bored teenager), but I want to make sure I know what and where I have to push/pull to release the latch.

I know that the handle pushes the linkage rod down. I'd like to be able to see what the linkage is connected to at the latch mechanism and how it actually releases the latch.

That would be super helpful.

Thanks K.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Princess*Precidia

Post by Princess*Precidia »

this happens to me all the time,
just when i think its warm enough for a car wash the temp drops over night and my car turns into a POPSICLE!!!

this might sound silly, but everytime this happens i use a lighter to heat up my key and stick it in the lock and wiggle it.. you do that for about 20 minutes...its worked for me, not sure if thats something you wanna try but just thought id share.

make sure you have a set of spare keys before you attempt this, as ive ended up breaking one.

good luck!
*Maya
1993 Honda Del Sol Si 1.6 Vtec
1993 Mx-3 RS, Fresh Black Paint, Black Altezzas, K&N Air Filter
1995 Mx-3 RS - RIP
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Sorry for the delay, I had the camera in my car and forgot it.

The latch shown in the picture here is actually for the lock. See that other wire going up? that goes to the top of the handle and is held on by a little plastic clip, sort of like the orange one on the lock mechanism. it lifts up the wire and lifts this part of the hinge

Both wires go down to the hinge

erm... I couldn't get very good pictures... my DSLR is kinda big and can't fit in through the little nooks and crannies.

If you need more pictures, let me know, I'll get my part out door out and click some pictures.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I managed to pull that hatch release with a coathanger. It turns out that the battery froze and was totally dead and unable to actuate the remote entry fully. So in fact the doors were locked the whole time. Once I got the car boosted and running the power locks opened and everything worked.

Then I went and got a new battery.

Thanks for all the help and the pics K. All is well.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

glad to hear everything FINALLY worked out for ya
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”