total weight of UR MX-3

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
Limegreen mx-3

Re: total weight of UR MX-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

hum interesting

where theres a will theres a way..

if there was a turbo V6 model weight in 2200 +- s--- OMG i don't even what to know what kind of times it would pull..

im trying to get into the 2000 lbs weight area..

but good luck on getting there..

props on weighing in the 2300 lbs area..
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Smith18

Post by Smith18 »

WHAT! i always thought our cars weighed around 2800LBS!!
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6 KLZE 2.5L, CenterForce Duel Friction Clutch, Nylon Shifter Bushings (from Imazda.com), Integra Cold Air Intake, Millenia Intake Manifold, Indigo Gauges, Pacesetter Header->Resonator->2.5" piping->Dynomax Muffler, VSX Front and back bumpers from FX Designs, AWR Front and back Motor Mounts.
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Wonder what mines weighs : P

yes i cut out the tire well....to much extra weight haha
look at that fancy wiring and that top of the line NARROW BAND wooo

and i got a plexiglass hatch..that saved a tooon
and the passenger door does not need a support beam!!! crazyness

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

about time there are the daring crazy mazda mx-3 guys that are willing to do crazy radical setups..

I thought i was the only one willing to go to such extremes.

good job XxantwawnxX

Now u have to do something about that narrow band..
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

XxantwawnxX, i cant believe you have the tar insulation on the floor still!!!! i took all mine out the last 3 days and i weighed it. The whole front weights about 12lbs, firewall insulation weights 9lbs est., and the rear weights about 6lbs thats a total of 27lbs of unused weight on your car still LOL! I will have pics off mine up soon!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Antwawn, did you buy the Plexiglass, or make it? If you made, it, did you just form it over the window with a torch, and where did you get it?
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

believe it or not i bought it off ebay...some guy happened to have a racing MX3 shell....with the fiberglass hood(extra light and thin) and the plexiglass hatch. I snatched it up before anyone found out about it haha. the glass hatch was close to 100 pounds i think mine weighed in at like 20 or 25.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Great, now I'm going to be addicted to Ebay, again :|
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

No wheel well, tar, insulation, carpet, custom dash, a/c head delete, custom body harness....
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

damn im i so glad i don't do things within REASON,..

if u know what i mean..

thumbs up to u 2 guys for ur weight reduction

LOOKing damn sweet...
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

im gonna try to weigh mine tomorrow : )

fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I am very interested! Also, what is your HP?
If for any reason you want to sell the 'glass, or hood, lemme know.
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Well official weight says it is 2030 pounds (scale is accurate for about 20 pounds give or take)

so if i switch my racing battery in id be just about under 2000 pounds deff if i get rid of the insulation.

and no im not planningon selling the hood or the plex hatch. : P

I never had it dyno tuned or anything so i dont know the HP : (

mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

OMG!!!!! you have to get it under 2000 that would be sick!!!
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

mazdamx3freak wrote:OMG!!!!! you have to get it under 2000 that would be sick!!!

well only 30 pounds to go i think its very possible haha i wanna be under 2000 so bad.

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”