KF_ZE again

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

Re: KF_ZE again

Post by hgallegos915 »

wow it looks like this guiy has never taken the k8 ecu(original owner)

i drove mine on 86 octane with no negative effects. It was a good engine.. everyone that has had this engine well not everyone but most of us have had bad luck, mine hydrolocked, was on fire and the thing still worked. I swapped it out for a ze, left it in my yard.. we had a flash flood and the engine sat under water for 2 days. I opened it to clean it and it looked good.. put it in its right side up and it got seized again.. bleh.. its there ... ill use it as a core when we go buy that millenia ze for my friend.

I wodner where this guy got the kfze from.. maybe ebay? i got shanked and got a kf instead of the klde i wanted.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

If you ran 89 octane with no negative effects, you probably had a KF.. cause it would knock like crazy and timing would retard ALOT.
maryus

Post by maryus »

:) hehehe , well as far as i know , i mean in the moment i bought the car , he told me it's an engine that he imported from japan like 2 years ago and he paid 1800$ cad for it, but i dont know why i have the feeling that he didn't know what ENGINE HE HAS . he was thinking about K8 j-spec . maybe .. if not he is really not serious , he's not answering to my calls now .. ehh that happens always.

The wires on the engine bay , if i clean them up with diesel gas it will be ok ? i want to clean all the engine bay all around , i want to have a good image , in this moment i am sorry about the engine. It will be ok if i use some cloth/rag with some diesel fuel ? or there is something better. thx
'92 Black Mazda Mx-3 - kl-ze
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

NO FUEL lol use some simple green, grease lightning, purple power. You can even use Carb n cleaner or brake cleaner but no actual fuel
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
maryus

Post by maryus »

ups errr.. . :D no FUEL LOL :)))) where it came that one from .

Mnemonic , i will be back by night , you can make the quote ? ;) thx

and the most imp , how much time it will take , i think you can have either regular or some express right ? ciao
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

maryus wrote::) hehehe , well as far as i know , i mean in the moment i bought the car , he told me it's an engine that he imported from japan like 2 years ago and he paid 1800$ cad for it, but i dont know why i have the feeling that he didn't know what ENGINE HE HAS . he was thinking about K8 j-spec . maybe .. if not he is really not serious , he's not answering to my calls now .. ehh that happens always.

The wires on the engine bay , if i clean them up with diesel gas it will be ok ? i want to clean all the engine bay all around , i want to have a good image , in this moment i am sorry about the engine. It will be ok if i use some cloth/rag with some diesel fuel ? or there is something better. thx
Im sure its a KFZE.. it does say KF on the block right?
maryus

Post by maryus »

Yep thats what it says KF:220632 , by that number you can see how old it is ?

Now i will need help , hopefully i am gonna change the ECU soon , having the k8 intake manifold (i am not sure what intake is that one , could be the lantis type r ? neahh it has the v6 sign on it .. ) and JE-50 VAF it will work at the right capacity ? the new ecu would change the power ? or only the gas mileage. Note that the engine was running for a time with the K8 ecu and 87 Octane . :( i wish i had this engine before him .

thanks for the help.

something else please : sorry i dont know much about this : The cams are what ??? To see what i have is that wire on the engine bay on the right of the mazda sign ? I checked mine it says KL-01 , is it good ?i mean i checked one website , it says KL-01 are for KL-ZE and KL-DE ...
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

you have the 165bhp of the kfze engine, if you use the kf15 ecu that i'll be sending you soon :) you will more than like get a gain in power and fuel, as the k8 ecu can run both the kf and kl engines it makes them run richer, meaning your eating more fuel and have less power. The Je50 Vaf will work fine with the kf15 ecu as thats the same vaf the kf's use anyway. Your Intake manifold shouldn't give you any problems, Your vris settings will be slightly off, but its not going to effect the way the engine runs, besides a slight loss in power which i'm talking minimal 1-3 ponies at most. Your using the k8 manifold same as I used on my old setup:

In preparation for the new ecu, you should go ahead and burn the gas you have in the car now, then start using 93+ and flush that 87-89 crap out.
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

My old KFZE w/ KL IM
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

Custommx3 wrote:Image

My old KFZE w/ KL IM
I see you did the flashlight mod too - i heard it adds about 12 HP :D
maryus

Post by maryus »

yours looks muuuchh nicer ... but i will clean mine to :P , no fuel lol
thx for the inputs
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

shameem wrote: I see you did the flashlight mod too - i heard it adds about 12 HP :D
I used to misplace so many tools right there, I'd be done and grab everything but leave something in that one spot lol, drove me nuts till i finally figured out i had that habit

se7en

Post by se7en »

I did that flashlight mod to my 300z, and it left a small dent in my hood :(

and I didn't get my 12 hp either :)
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

How i miss my kfze

not.

It was very reliable tho!! took me everywhere , got hydrolocked, got burned and IT STILL WORKED...

haha it just drowned when i left it in my yard lol
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
maryus

Post by maryus »

hahhahha , funny guys .

I have another issue , see my car is full of issues :) ... the issue is : THE SMELL , it comes from under the hood , it's like an egg,gas smell . Or something chemical aniway , it was there but i only notice now when i opened the window and driving like that .. soo for the summer will be horrible.. I suspect the battery smells like that. if not what else could give me bad smell from under the hood ?

KF-ZE should be a good engine by the sheet specs , but it looks like he likes trouble :)

marius , ciao

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”