V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
LivinDeadGurl

Re: Car Died/Wont Start

Post by LivinDeadGurl »

I have the MAF off of the car.
LivinDeadGurl

Post by LivinDeadGurl »

The MAF sensor is off the car, all of the air intake black plastic things as well are off.
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by kulluminati777 »

it could be possible the belt teeth stripped some and the timing is off :shrug: especially if its a cheap belt
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
LivinDeadGurl

Post by LivinDeadGurl »

Ok Thanks. I am going to check all that. I know the previous owner of this car had the top half of the motor apart as all the bolts are finger tight.... What a mess.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

if its the vavle covers and intake u speak of they are torqued very light so it would seem hand tight... it is VERY important these are torqued to spec.

also check the hydraulic tensioner, it may have failed and let your timing belt get a tad bit loose and the teeth shimmed off
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

LivinDeadGurl wrote:The MAF sensor is off the car, all of the air intake black plastic things as well are off.

I dont think it will start with the MAF off. It should at least try to start....i think.
1993 Mazda Mx-3 GS-Sold :(
1992 GS "The Bucket" Gone.
1993 GS 2.5 KLDE. Current daily.

92 GS 5spd for sale! Sold it....after I got a hatch cover in great condition :evil:
92 GS Auction Car, most expensive non-running mx-3 I have ever bought... Parted out and Crushed.

MY WORKLOG, check it out :) viewtopic.php?f=46&t=79959
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

IF I try to start my B6 without the Maf plugged it will just stall out, if theres no intake that's a massive vaccuum leak and the car won't start unless you give throttle after it's turned on.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
LivinDeadGurl

Post by LivinDeadGurl »

Timing was off. I guess the people who had the car before me, didnt do the timing correctly... We took everything apart, and redone the belt, and now it runs. Just dealing with sensors now. :(

Thanks to all who helped on this issue!!
Greatly Appreciated!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”