Diesel KL info???

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

oh yeah its propane, he has some sort of stand alone.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
wagZE

Post by wagZE »

dang does anybody have any info on the diesel?!
1 mx6 88 LX auto 2.2l 4cyl
2 mx6 93 LS saved from junkyard SOLD
3 Mx6 96 M edition blow a ze part it
4 Mx6 96 gold LS paint n lights auto SOLD
5 mx6 red fresh paint clean, sold
1 mx3 92rs sohc auto rota c8s h&r
2 mx3 93 gsze bought w/ mods
3 mx3 93 GSze mtx swp act stg3 str8 nek im eibach kl36
4 mx3 GS SOLD-
6 mx3 white gs jdm swap'd SOLD
*5th mx3 blk GS clean title modded DD*
1 PGT 97 blk, garaged clean sold
2 pgt primered 5 spd KL SOLD
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Try asking the people at Probetalk.com or Mx6.com

Maybe they might know some info
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:I wonder if wise-old Yoda can help us out on this one...
The 2.5L KL diesel as far as I can tell was only used in a limited numbers of small S.E. asian countries and only in a RWD configuration for use in small mazda commercial truck (not the B series) As I have more recently found that it is actually an offshoot of the Suzuki version of the K series engines.

If you are thinking Diesel I would consider the diesel version of the FE 2.0 used the the 323F (Protege 5) I have been talking to a guy in France for a few years now that is running over 310hp but over 500ft/lb torque all under 4500rpm in a 323F
teribble

Post by teribble »

Yoda wrote:
The 2.5L KL diesel as far as I can tell was only used in a limited numbers of small S.E. asian countries and only in a RWD configuration for use in small mazda commercial truck (not the B series) As I have more recently found that it is actually an offshoot of the Suzuki version of the K series engines.

If you are thinking Diesel I would consider the diesel version of the FE 2.0 used the the 323F (Protege 5) I have been talking to a guy in France for a few years now that is running over 310hp but over 500ft/lb torque all under 4500rpm in a 323F
WOW just think what that would do in a mx3!!!
wagZE

Post by wagZE »

Yoda wrote:

What cars would have the FE diesel in them? That is a really interesting swap.
4 mx3 GS SOLD-
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

How difficult would it be, and how would you keep from snapping axles?
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

fowljesse wrote:How difficult would it be, and how would you keep from snapping axles?
Convert to AWD or RWD and build a chassis. AWD has been done on a MX3 before...
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
teribble

Post by teribble »

Juans_93_MX3 wrote:
fowljesse wrote:How difficult would it be, and how would you keep from snapping axles?
AWD Really does anyone have any pics or info? What did they swap in the mx3?
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

teribble wrote:
Juans_93_MX3 wrote:
AWD Really does anyone have any pics or info? What did they swap in the mx3?
I think his name was Josh but he had a 4cyl.

You would need a chassis, customs axels and a custom bracket or adapter of some sort to make a AWD tranny mate with a KL engine
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
teribble

Post by teribble »

i would like to see some pic. I'm sure that would be sweet.
wagZE

Re: Diesel KL info??? FE Diesel???

Post by wagZE »

Custom axels? FE diesel mx-3?! IS it possible?
4 mx3 GS SOLD-
MgXs3

Re: Diesel KL info???

Post by MgXs3 »

I know a guy on imazda.com that has done the AWD conversion. I think his name is projectmx. The conversion is crazy. but i bet its so worth it.
92 Blaze Red MAZDA Mx3 <GS> ZE, millenia manifold. gutted interior, filled mounts, fidanza fw, act 6puck.
kiwimx3

Re:

Post by kiwimx3 »

Yoda wrote:

Do you have anymore information on the motor, this is rather interesting as the block would have to be
a lot more "beefier" to withstand the increased amount of CR required with diesel's ?
Information on the web is non exsistant for this beast, what is the Suzuki variant called?

Answers or tip's or just anything would be gladly appreiated Yoda.
tehbrookzorz

Re: Diesel KL info???

Post by tehbrookzorz »

This is from Wikipedia

"The Mazda K series was co-developed with Suzuki, with Mazda reportedly handling the bulk of the design. The early 2.0 L Suzuki H20A and Mazda KF are similar in design, but the two engine families diverged after this. Suzuki focused on building ever-larger torque-producing engines for their SUV lineup, while Mazda focused on high technology and power output. The later Suzuki and Mazda engines do not share many components at all."
Cody

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”