throtle body upgrade dohc

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
zoom_zoom94mx3

Post by zoom_zoom94mx3 »

haha, i wish!!! my guess is that it would be more like 30whp... not sure though because i cant find anyone who has actually got one.. I plan on buying one, but not until the spring when i am out of school and can afford to replace parts when i blow my poor little mx up lol.
94 mazda mx3 rs 1.6l DOHC... probe 4-2-1 header, 2" catback, a spec CAI, advanced ignition timing, NGK plugs/ wires, obx light wight crank pulley
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2754605/1
45ryder

Post by 45ryder »

its for my race car and turbo is not allowed. i geuss i should also have mentioned its a SOHC and the only car beating me is a geo storm by .5 seconds per lap
OptiX

Re: throtle body upgrade dohc

Post by OptiX »

delete the fuel pressure regulator vaccum valve at the end of the fi harness (just unplug it and leave the rest if you're lazy, otherwise remove the valve too and just run a piece ov vacuum tube directly from the fpr nipple to the intake plenum nipple. thats how it is on the 8v versions, and is actually is creates a more responsive oem fpr)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

I will have a bored TB for sale soon. PM me for info!
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
abiba_69
BANNED Member

Post by abiba_69 »

I had an 89 chrysler daytona intercooled turbo. They had a stock 42mm TB on them. When i put on a 46mm or even overkill 50mm throttle body from a van, direct bolt on, there was nothing gained except visits to the gas station. If your looking to change throttle bodys, i would suggest also looking into an upgrade in FPR and injectors. And like other posts, mass air and some other sensors. I new curve may have to be set in your PCM also to adjust everything properly. If not, you may end up burning out valves. I'm still new to the Mazda scene but i have learned stuff through other applications.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Chris

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”