Automatic Seatbelts - Help

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
danmyers686

Post by danmyers686 »

Ive also got an extra set if anyone needs them.
Im a potential scammer, do not sell me anything as I owe others $$
PurpleDinosaur

Post by PurpleDinosaur »

Update:

Finally talked to Mazda today. At first they said "We already did it"... To which I responded by indicating that I had read both Recall 72803 and SSP31 and that my understanding was that there was a lifetime warrnaty on the repiar in effect... I also mentioned that as an Engineer inthe Safety Restaints Supply base, it was my professional opinon that the parts with which they reparied my car originally were defective as the cable casing was cracked and falling apart... We went back and forth like this for a bit until we got to the part were I mentioned that I knew many folks who had been told their work had already been done but who subesquently had additonal repairs preformed by Mazda and that "oh by the way, I'm fully prepared to call NTHSA to discuss the matter with them instead"...

At that point I was put on hold and after about 5 minutes I was politely informed that indeed my car would be repaired. I was given a file number to give the Delarship if they gave me any grief.

Next: Call to Delearship.

Stay tuned.
93 GS SE
danmyers686

Post by danmyers686 »

PurpleDinosaur wrote:At first they said "We already did it"...
I got the same exact thing but I told them I would be calling Corporate Mazda, After I got home they called and said bring it back in to be repaired.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

YEAH BUDDY!!! :D
PurpleDinosaur

Update: Called Dealer and...

Post by PurpleDinosaur »

Results of conversation with Dealer:

I have to take the car in for "diagnosis"... That is, they need to confirm the recall repair will fix the problem and that its not some other issue.

Translation: If its not the recall failure mode the diagnosis and it will be my financial responsability for any repiars I authorized them to make.

Ok, fine. I'm reasonably sure that they will determine that it is the recall and Mazda will end up footing the bill.

In the mean time, if anyones had this done, what was the turnaround time for the replacement parts? The Delear says the fix will only take an afternoon, but that can't happen until they have the parts... I hope that mazda Parts & Service has them in the warehouse because the back order time for a 15 years old service part (especially a part that was only in production for 1 (2?) years on a low volume vehicle could be lengthy. I am not thrilled about riding around without the benefit of a shoulder belt in the mean time.

Which brings me to: Can the belt be manually repositioned to the rearward locked postion and the fuse pulled / connector unplugged to prevent the motor from trying to cycle the belt and having it get hung up inthe forward postion again? I would replace fuse / connector prior to taking it back in for the recall work... Feasible? Has anyone done this?

I have to add that if it wasn't for mx-3.com I would never have known about the recall and most likely I would have had to pay for these repairs. BIG PROPS TO MX-3.COM!!!!

Thanks!
93 GS SE
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

check your email I sent you the passive seatbelt section on it... there is some kind of emergency hex key you can put in and reel it in on page s-12... not sure if it would work or not but probably your best bet.

Although if yours broke like mine... the track it ran on came out of the housing and it was hanging like a noose from the window :(
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Amazing the amount of info thats on the homepage of mx-3.com ;)

http://www.mx-3.com/tech/seatbelt-module.cfm

While that may not solve all your issues.. it should provide a bit more information about the subject. Cheers

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
danmyers686

Post by danmyers686 »

It took a week and a half before they got my parts in but only took an hour for the repair to actually be done.
PurpleDinosaur

Minty!

Post by PurpleDinosaur »

Well... got my new belts installed, both side, no charge...

and the mechanic left a nifty snap-on 12mm wrachet wrench in the front seat as a door prize!

so I had to srive back to the dealer the next day to return it... :)

Now all I have to do is break myself of the habit of pulling the shoulder belt over my head before getting out of the car...
93 GS SE
danmyers686

Re: Minty!

Post by danmyers686 »

PurpleDinosaur wrote:Now all I have to do is break myself of the habit of pulling the shoulder belt over my head before getting out of the car...
Been there, done that lol It took me alittle while
crammia

Automatic Seatbelts - Help

Post by crammia »

my auto seatbelt alarm goes off constantly - brought it in under the recall and mazda said they would charge to fix that! i decided to live with the alarm since it's only once in awhile. <sigh>
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: Automatic Seatbelts - Help

Post by Mooneggs »

crammia wrote:my auto seatbelt alarm goes off constantly - brought it in under the recall and mazda said they would charge to fix that! i decided to live with the alarm since it's only once in awhile. <sigh>
you can fix it yourself...

http://www.mx-3.com/tech/seatbelt-module.php
nerd racing
Supporting Member

Post by nerd racing »

All of your links are dead and I need the information about the recalls or tsb's so that I can convince a dealer to repair my car without charging me. I'll be looking for the links in the meantime.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

what do you mean the links are dead?!

go to http://www.mx-3.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

click on the left side on "recalls" or "tsb's" or anything else you feel like looking at LOL :roll:
nerd racing
Supporting Member

Post by nerd racing »

I clicked them and it said 404 not found. They work from the home page, but the direct links on the thread weren't working for some reason. Thanks.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”