Tuboing my sohc

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
cyclonekid78

Post by cyclonekid78 »

There is more work and money in doing a sohc turbo project then to install a BP.

Prices.

BP= would be about 600 dollars to buy at most junkyards. That includes wire harness and ECU. About 130 HP. All just drops in.

BPT Close to 2000 dollars with ecu and harness. Plus extra stuff like boost controllers, intercooler, etc.... About 180 HP. Small modification.

Turbo sohc. You might get the same amount of horse power as the BP if lucky. But it will cost a butt load more. You will spend what it cost for a BPT for less horse power then the BP.It just doesn't add up.
93 RS BPTurbo
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628805" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

i dont get...and excuse me for being VERY frustrated...there is like 2 PEOPLE with a turboed sohc...and the saying turbos run better on a sohc..yeah...also, the ONLY thing i need custom made is a downpipe and manifold, and i have people that can do that for me very cheap..also i can get a turbo about 200 bucks and the rest for about 200 bucks on ebay, i can probably boost it up to about 10 psi and be more happy with that then a bp, reason for this is, i dont need a better tranny like recommended with the bp swap. and i dont need all the man power to install the motor. and i am doing this piece by piece as i can afford it, and ill still get better gas mileage im sure with my sohc after turboing it then a bp, plus i just want to see what it can do...after im done if i want a bp i will take the turbo and all the stuff that goes with it and just buy a new manifold and down pipe and strap it on the bp. no big deal..as for now i wanna be one of the few to actually have hope in my mx3's motor then in some other motor to see just what it can do.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

There just stating the facts mazdamx3sohc there not trying to be an azz with u. there more trying to go with common sense that being just narrow mined. hope u know what i mean.

Me on the other case Im a speed freck and don't care what people tell me i do what i want and will stop at nothing to achive it. My Boosted BP MX-3 is all i have to my achivement. Most of u guys think im crazy.

stock internal BP reving. up to 8,000 on 20psi as my daily driven 12 sec mx-3. all the mods i have done $5,000+ i have spent on parts would not account for anything With out my standalone. I wouldn't be in the low/mid 12's i wouldn't be able to be boosting 20psi on a stock N/A BP-DE.

I read ur list of mods and ur forgetting one thing some form or some kind of a standalone. even if it is the cheap azz MS-II no offence guys my bro has used it and loved but i switch him to a TEC II standalone.

Its a lot of money that on some days has me broke to the bone. im not complaining its my passion my love.

just because im doing the boosted sohc project doesn't mean its free or cheap for me. cause its not i just have a advange over most of u all not all.. some of u guys are in the same boat as me. putting shyt together and hook up on parts know what i mean and a know how of how it all works. this shyt ain't easy or cheap.

15 psi is not a lot of boost 30psi is a lot of boost and im 10 psi away from that. and thats on a old motor on stock internals the BP i mean.

I don't see why a sohc can't make short of 300whp i think it can but we will see in the future when i get my project up and running.

so mazdamx3sohc just hear them out and try not to leash out. the guys on club protege do the same shyt to me all the tyme. bugs the shyt outta me but most of them are im droping subject. no need to talk shyt about them

but i know what u mean on ur last post. do what u want to do and don't listen to what they have to say. i hear it and read it all tyme not on MX-3.com love this site. on the other forums i mean.

but if ur going boosted to it rite don't do it half azz all i can say.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Boris

Post by Boris »

ya you could buy an engine for less than just the standalone you'll need to run high boost on your sohc.
1993 1.6L SOHC. Mazdaspeed mounts, BP09 ECU, BP VAF, Fidanza miata flywheel, exedy miata pressure plate, centerforce mx3 disc, tokico struts, B&G lowering springs, and some sh***y motomaster tires.
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

then thats what i shall do, i was just gettin frustrated cuz no one seems to understand, i know the bp is very capable, much more then the sohc most likely..and i asked of them not to tell me im wasting my time, im having a hard time enough finding motivation to do up a sohc lol....so...yeah thats all...just if someone wants to do up a sohc from now on, just give them your respect and help them out, lets see what the sohc's can do.
zCat

Post by zCat »

http://www.racingmazda.com has an SOHC turbo kit for the MX-3.
If that helps anyone at all...which it probably doesn't, and everyone probably already knows that. ^_^
They have one though.
Just sayin.
Please don't kill me.
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

lol its cool, thanks for your interest in helping, yeah that kit is 2 thousand dollars and is only oil cooled and only t3 and has none of the option with it unless you pay extra (blow off valve). i bet i can make a better intercooled one with a t4 turbo same price.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

the sohc can't spool a full T4 turbo u have no ideal what they look like. a t3/t4 hell yeah it can.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
zCat

Post by zCat »

Yea, haha, I just thought it might be appealing to buy a kit that was professionally made and tested, lol. ^_^
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

its just a small company, they are pretty good but kinda....poorly made seeing as they arent intercooled or anything, nor do they COME with any options, anything else is extra...so limegreen, your saying i cant spool a t4, but a t3/t4 hybrid i can? cuz i hear good things about those such as internal wastegates or something like that.
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

its just a small company, they are pretty good but kinda....poorly made seeing as they arent intercooled or anything, nor do they COME with any options, anything else is extra...so limegreen, your saying i cant spool a t4, but a t3/t4 hybrid i can? cuz i hear good things about those such as internal wastegates or something like that.
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

Meh on a sohc for a turbo id run a t3 super 60, or a small t3/t04e.
It'd be a stupid fun street car with plenty of go.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

you also have to think our cars rely ALOT on its light weight, and well....the sohc motor is in fact much smaller then the bp's like i been saying i dont need an insane amount of power, and truth be told a big reason why i want a turbo is not only for the spead(main reason) but i also really want that bov sound when i drive by people, they would be happy to hear it.
cyclonekid78

Post by cyclonekid78 »

[quote="mazdamx3sohc"]main reason) but i also really want that bov sound when i drive by people, they would be happy to hear it.[/quote]
:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
93 RS BPTurbo
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628805" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

lmfao is that an agreement?

Return to “Forced Induction”