Audio

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

ok so ive taken a quick break from this wiring situation and stated fresh on it. Ive taken some pictures and labeled what i think with one is and which one is connected to which one.

Ive found all the speaker wires by using an ohm meter and removing the speaker. Ive also used a 9 volt battery to test the speakers and they are what i think they are.

as for all the other wires under my dash, ive labeled to what i think they are except for the 2 short red wires in the bacl, you will see what i mean.
Ive also included a wiring diagram that come on the back of my deck which is what im goin by.

[IMG]http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u179 ... 080026.jpg[/IMG]

this is the wiring diagram.

[IMG]http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u179 ... 080030.jpg[/IMG]

this is the wires under my dash, i know that im splicing into the wire harness and that some people dont like this. and the wires to the left side are the speaker wires and there are 6 other variable wires that i am unsure of.

[IMG]http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u179 ... 080028.jpg[/IMG]

and this is the back of the deck. here ive listed which one i think is which.

If you guys could help me out that would mean alot to me, im such a noob when it comes to electronics. I just need more practice. It would be nice to get this deck goin cuz ive got a fresh amp and sub lined up.

Thanks in advance for your help, Dan.

EDIT: dont know why the pictures arnt just showing up, hate to make u copy and paste it into your browser but what i usually do to make them just appear isnt working for some reason.
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

anyone?
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
justin22_22

Post by justin22_22 »

here to make this as easy as pie. Do what someone else already said. Go to a junk yard cut out the radio harness you will only need 6-8" of it. Then splice that on to yours, just match the colors. Then go pick up an adaptor harness for car. Then put it all together, as for soldering I'm not a fan of it, since it damages the wires. Just use the right size connectors, when your crimping them together.
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

10-4
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

I think it is time for you to go to a meet in your area and ask for help.

anybody give him a hand? at a meet?
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

ya, when are these meets? If i got the wire harness and the adapter could someone give me a hand? Id rather have someone help me with some knowlede instead of my attempting this thing empty handed.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I'm not sure around the Ottawa area, but we're having our annual Mississauga meet on the 23rd, I'll be driving up from VA just for that meet (i guess unless their calling for poor weather). Although it's a tad of a trek for you as well, if I go and you go, and you bring your stuff, I can take care of that for you on the spot.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

mississaugua, were abouts is that? Is the meet on the 23rd of this month? That will be a problem cuz im walking accros the stage that day to get my diploma. theve got a mx-3 the same year and model as me at the plce im getting my car saftied so ill take a look there tommorow when i get my car saftied and pull the wire harness. So to take out the stock radio, all i need is a coat hanger for both sides. Do i bend it so it pushed the clips in or out of the radio harnes?
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Ok well until somebody meets up with this guy, I'll help out abit.

From the pictures, I can tell you the following. They are listed as the deck color to the stock harness color.

NOTE: These are only according to the manual on page Z-102 of the online shop manual. If somebody's mucked with your car, it could be different!

Front left Speaker:

White -> Yellow (+)
White/Black -> Blue/Orange (-)

Front Right:

Grey -> White/Blue (+)
Grey/Black -> White (-)

Rear Left:

Green -> Grey/Black
Green/Black -> Pink

Rear Right:

Purple -> Lightgreen/Black
Purple/Black -> Lightgreen/Red

Ground:

Black -> Brown

Ignition:

Red (with inline fuse) -> Blue/Black

Memory:

Yellow (with inline fuse) -> Blue/Red

Blue from deck=amp turn on wire

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

thanks alot man, i apreciate it. well the only bad thing s that none of the colours that you listed match up with the colours i have...... as you can see where i posted my picture that i have 2 red/black wires, 1 black ground wire, 1 ACC fused red wire.

so what would you need to turn on a deck? just power, ACC, and ground right? or would the memory have to be pluged in as well?

im starting to get sick of this crap and i think i just might dump it off at futureshop or some place and get them to install just the deck. Ive wired everyhting else , like the wiring for my sub and amp pretty easily. Just pulled back the side panels and the plastic guard on the door frame. Good part when i pulled back the panels i found a loonie :) dont know how it got there.

Anyways, id like to thank u guys for your help, as i said beofre im seriously debating to just dump it off at futureshop and pay them th $50 to install it. Make them work hard for that $50!!
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

I looked at the pictures and saw that you didn't have the same color wires on the new harness that you did on the diagram on the top of the deck. Check the instructions, there may have been another diagram. It seems as if the wire harness is different than the one that is meant for the deck?

None the less, once you figure out which wires are supposed to be ignition power, memmory, antenna, ground on the DECk, then you can follow my chart for the rest.

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

Feivel

Re: Audio

Post by Feivel »

hey man, i just seen this was an old post, but did you ever figure out this problem and do you still have dash lights? cause i have that problem now, they are dimmer swithc wires i know that, but how do i plug them in so i keep my dash lights?
94mx3precidia

Re: Audio

Post by 94mx3precidia »

Ya i figured out the problem a few days later. I went to canadian tire and baught a deck harness that adapts your stock harness to a aftermarket harness. I never had any problemp with my dash lights though.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”