kl-ze straight neck engine install progress pix **2 new pix*

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
n2ogsze

Post by n2ogsze »

Yes, the K8 TB does rob a substantial amount of HP on a KLZE. Maybe not on your DE because it's only bottlenecking an engine that has 30 more HP than the K8, but the KLZE will be bottlenecked by a TB that is meant for an engine with 70 less HP.
T61 powered KLZE
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

well i knew it would do that but im gettin it bored out anyway so i wasnt worryin bout it at all right now all i need my car to do is run and drive i can always worry about power later on.. but itll get bored and ill let ya all know what happens when its drivable with the TB
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

Awesome work man...That has to be the 1st pics of the Straight neck installed showing the mods needed. :2thumbsup:
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
n2ogsze

Post by n2ogsze »

fieromx3 wrote: right now all i need my car to do is run and drive i can always worry about power later on..
I've been there, so I understand that approach. That is why I had my K8 TB on for a little bit as well.
T61 powered KLZE
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Pat please tell him the proper way to do it, no offence man i just dont want to hear any bad news due to a possibly bad idea. your friend has gotten lucky, i have riden in plenty of ze powered mx-3s probes and mx6s, the engine is going to shift back eventually.

Think about it, if a motor mount snaps you gonna trust your life that the others will hold it? if your engine smashes into that resivour your in really really bad shape.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

why dont you flip the TB upside down? andcut a little hole in the hood hehe. I think thats how someone here did it?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

got the car running and driving drives nice but have some issues with it.. seems to hesitate and misfire only when punching it and sometimes just randomly cuts out.. i think it might be a fuel pump as i had this cutting out problem with my DE for months.. but there is also so grounding issues i need to fix.. engine feels really slow right now but i hope once i get the issues resolved itll feel much better but for now i took her easy just seeing how it runs and what issues need to be fixed..
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

pics of the straight neck install? im not planning on doing it anytime soon but it would be nice to see it.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

turned out the fuel pump was shot! replaced it and runs good now!! but it still feels like the engine is runnin a little lean still.. still need the ZE ecu and she will be all good!!
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

you are my hero!
-hec

mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

hgallegos915 wrote:you are my hero!
why?!?!?! It has been done many many times!
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yeah but not everyone wants to give details of the swap for some stupid reason?
-hec

n2ogsze

Post by n2ogsze »

I have. It's on the board, if someone wants it, it's there for the taking.
T61 powered KLZE
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

n2ogsze wrote:I have. It's on the board, if someone wants it, it's there for the taking.
then post the link Mr wrong wrong wrong (as you tell fieromx3)
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

mx3autozam wrote:
n2ogsze wrote:I have. It's on the board, if someone wants it, it's there for the taking.
then post the link Mr wrong wrong wrong (as you tell fieromx3)
I also researched this and his info is about as helpful as what is already contained in this thread :roll:

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=46677 on page 1
n2ogsze wrote:Good thread. I'd like to add that the straight neck can be used in our cars, as I've done it. I just cut the front motor-mount, dropped it, re-welded it so it would tilt the engine slightly. I also had to modify the throttle body linkage.

I'd also like to add that using the striaght neck is not a very practical solution. I eventually bought a Millenia manifold from an online junkyard for around 65 shipped. Then sold the straight neck for 200 bucks.

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”