MX6 swapped box but problems!! :(

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
Chemical

Post by Chemical »

Ok,

Latest is that I started getting loads of vibration at speed and increased when turning left, discovered a split right hand outer cv boot and figured thats the problem.. no.. replaced cv and still have the noise and vibration. Starts at about 35mph in any gear and then fades out.. comes back at 50mph and then stays. Lessens when I turn right. Any ideas or checks I can make. It's not the wheel bearings either.
Tommy D

Post by Tommy D »

You have exactly the same problem i do and i cant figure it out. Im getting new shafts soon, im going to replace all bushes as i just dont know what could be wrong. Could it be something in the gearbox broken?

Its time to consult a Mazda genius as on inspection, everything is fine, inc bearings......

If there is an Oracle, now is the time to help...lol
Chemical

Post by Chemical »

Still awaiting the advice of MX3 experts..... :lol:
Chemical

Post by Chemical »

looks like we're on our own here.. let me know how you get on when you change them.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I would think axles. If you get a vibratoin when turning right it would be the left axle that is bad since it is the one with the load on it. An alignment might be needed as a toe issue can cause vibration. A "vibration" is really hard to diagnose over the internet so you aren't going to get alot of help. Some suggestions, but the best answer is to take it to a shop and let them take it for a test drive if you cannot figure it out on your own.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Chemical

Post by Chemical »

Thanks Pat, as usual you ofrer sage advice! :wink: I 've had 2 mechanics look at it actually and it's going back to one of them asap. Both have failed to determine the problem but I hope it will be resolved soon. I can't help thinking it's the diff though or would the diff just be noisy all the time regardless of which way you turn?
Tommy D

Post by Tommy D »

I have had mechanics look at it, so what i will do is make a youtube video so you US guys can have a look/listen.

My engine is going in the back now so in 9mths i will be using custom shafts and gearbox as i cant find a DE or K8 uprated cog kit anywhere...
Tommy D

Post by Tommy D »

Listen to noise when going round bends to left, it realy shakes the car which isnt realy visible.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of3IzOxllyg

Return to “Transmissions”