Import Preferences

Off-Topic Discussions

Which of the following cars would you prefer to import.

Fairlady Z TT
18%
RX7 TT
61%
Mitsubishi GTO TT
No votes
Silvia 2.0T
4%
180SX 2.0T
4%
Celica GT-4/GT4 RC
14%

Total votes: 28

fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

i find the soarer is a sweet a-- car and u can swap 2jzgte in it (i beleive it has 1jz currently) and when done up right there are sexy as hell ive always admired them....just personal preference..

http://85.92.137.47/pics/toyota_soarer. ... 799328.jpg
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Boris

Post by Boris »

fieromx3 wrote:1. skyline gtr r34 v spec :mrgreen:
2. supra mk5
3. rx7 FD with the fortune body kit *drooool*
4. toyota soarer
5. 300zx fairlady
R34 won't be available for a few more years. R33 will be available for import in 2008 i believe. R32's are available now. I've heard something about a company in Vancouver that found a method of importing R34s into Canada, but I'd imagine they would be really expensive.

And i think the supra you probably meant was the mkIV which is the 93-02 model. Gotta wait a little bit before that one can be imported here too unfortunately.
1993 1.6L SOHC. Mazdaspeed mounts, BP09 ECU, BP VAF, Fidanza miata flywheel, exedy miata pressure plate, centerforce mx3 disc, tokico struts, B&G lowering springs, and some sh***y motomaster tires.
illapino

Post by illapino »

Hey J, why are you going to Terra2 when you're in Ontario? are they also branched outside BC? ...

Yea, good call on the Lexus. how could i ever forget that one
1992 Mazda Precidia
V6 K8 Engine
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

fieromx3 wrote:i find the soarer is a sweet a-- car and u can swap 2jzgte in it (i beleive it has 1jz currently) and when done up right there are sexy as hell ive always admired them....just personal preference..
http://85.92.137.47/pics/toyota_soarer. ... 799328.jpg
Ya they are nice Duncan. Sold as the Lexus SC400 over here, they were in direct competition with the very expensive EU cars. I'm not too fussy on the woodgrain stuff, but the turbo'd 1JZ JDM 2.5L motor's power is rated to nearly 280hp, I believe ...... which is quite good. The last time I saw a nice SC400 was in Toronto last summer and although there aren't any around where I live, they are "quite sexy". The exterior of both the SC400 and the Soarer appear to be almost identical - very nice lines too.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

I've also found this importer in Calgary;
http://www.importconcern.ca/

And this one in Montreal;
http://www.osakajdmmotors.com/

The one in Montreal has no listings for complete cars yet Waide (Prospectmx3) saw a bunch of Skylines and 300zx's in there last weekend when he picked up the front clip for his Skyline.
The one in Calgary however does list lots of cars, of which is already located in Canada (Calgary). Still pretty pricey though, but a hell of a better deal than on ebay.
Onyone familiar with Import Concern?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Boris wrote:
fieromx3 wrote:1. skyline gtr r34 v spec :mrgreen:
2. supra mk5
3. rx7 FD with the fortune body kit *drooool*
4. toyota soarer
5. 300zx fairlady
R34 won't be available for a few more years. R33 will be available for import in 2008 i believe. R32's are available now. I've heard something about a company in Vancouver that found a method of importing R34s into Canada, but I'd imagine they would be really expensive.
And i think the supra you probably meant was the mkIV which is the 93-02 model. Gotta wait a little bit before that one can be imported here too unfortunately.
Good call Boris!! Those are some of the reasons why I'm looking at the 300zx. To hopefully have one in place by next spring. That's why I threw the poll out there since those particular ones are in the 15 year import window now.
Ya, the Mk IV Supra would be the icing on the cake but we'd have to wait a few years for that one. I like the 91/92 GTR Skyline also but I am a bit apprehensive about the 4WD equipment. It would be big $$$$ if any of that had to be replaced. My other thought's were that the Skyline is a production race car for the most part. The average commuter would not be using this as a daily driver or grocery getter. The 300xz on the other hand was a more luxury type of car that also attracted the female buyer, which is OK by me. The original users/owners of a ZX300 may not be as prone to beating the crap out of it as compared to the original owners of a Skyline. Let's face it, the likelihood that a Skyline was, shall we say, driven hard or perhaps even abused or worse really bad riced out is more plausable than that of a ZX300. At least that's where my mindset is at. Knowing the potential use / abuse possible by the previous owner has kind of steared me away from a Skyline. However, if I can be shown that there's a real viable, solid Skyline available for a reasonable price, I'd definitely consider it.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

Boris wrote:R34 won't be available for a few more years. R33 will be available for import in 2008 i believe. R32's are available now. I've heard something about a company in Vancouver that found a method of importing R34s into Canada, but I'd imagine they would be really expensive.

yea i know u cant get r34 yet :( im just saying those are my dream cars id love to have imported! and yes i meant the 93+ supra them things are sexy and fast!

yep the soarer is the lexus sc400 i was driving on the highway one day and i saw this white sc400 lowerd, with very mild bodkit and nice dual exhaust and it sounded SOOO nice and looked beautiful... i fell in love since that day
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

John ... there was a black fairlady at the mall in Belleville today ... would you know that person .. I wondered if he was in the forces as I saw one like it at RMC last year.

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

mymx.3 wrote:John ... there was a black fairlady at the mall in Belleville today ... would you know that person .. I wondered if he was in the forces as I saw one like it at RMC last year.
DEB
Nope, don't know the person. You're sure it was a Fairlady Z - a RHD 300ZX??
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

it was a fairlady .. not righthanded tho

????

DEB
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

mymx.3 wrote:it was a fairlady .. not righthanded tho
????
DEB
Then it wasn't a Fairlady. The USDM and Cdn 300ZX's were called just that. The JDM 300ZX's (RHD) were called Fairlady Z. Something similar like the Cdn MX being labelled "Precidia", and the other names given like Autozam or Eunos which delineate market area it was sold in.
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

Well then .. he picked up a "Fairlady" badge and put one on the back of the car.

DEB
illapino

Post by illapino »

"fairlady"
what an insult to the car
how did they even come up with that word

good god.
:roll:
1992 Mazda Precidia
V6 K8 Engine
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

illapino wrote:"fairlady"
what an insult to the car
how did they even come up with that word
good god. :roll:
I believe it actually goes back to as far as the 60's with Datsun using that nameplate on small roadsters.

I'm waiting on pics from the importer for a potential candidate.

1991 Fairlady Z
2+2
5sp
Twin Turbo
T-Top
All pwr accessories
AC
All Leather Interior (Black)
Factory Stereo
Lowered
A/M Exhaust
Original Silver paint
148,000 original kms (not miles)
Certified and e-tested
Asking price - $8,500.00cdn
Has been viewed by another member and appears that the exterior paint is in good shape. The interior is in great shape. The engine bay looks unmolested and not had the typical importer "spray down to look new and impressive" done to it. His overall assessment was that it was an excellent find and well worth the price for one that he accidentally stumbled upon.
illapino

Post by illapino »

8500 flat?
these imported cars aren't bad at all price-wise
i'm just not keen on sitting on the right. i tried a skyline before. my left-hand is only good at one thing

:twisted:
1992 Mazda Precidia
V6 K8 Engine

Return to “Off-Topic”