Civic Si 197 hp

Off-Topic Discussions
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

actually no the brand new civic isnt faster than kl-ze mx3 or even a de mx3... proved it already...
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Red Egg

Post by Red Egg »

end
Last edited by Red Egg on December 18th, 2006, 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt? :P
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

My friend told me a whole bunch a while back, a google of 'car acronyms' gives a million more.

Bring More Wrenches
Asia's Curse Upon Rural America
Another Ugly Deutsche Invention
Big Ugly Indestructible Car Killer
Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
Hallmark Of Non-Descript Automobiles
Most Always Zipping Dangerously Along
Red Egg

Post by Red Egg »

end
Last edited by Red Egg on December 18th, 2006, 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boris

Post by Boris »

Just thought all the honda haters would like that... I'm sure a lot of you guys have already seen it lol
1993 1.6L SOHC. Mazdaspeed mounts, BP09 ECU, BP VAF, Fidanza miata flywheel, exedy miata pressure plate, centerforce mx3 disc, tokico struts, B&G lowering springs, and some sh***y motomaster tires.
94blaze1.6

Post by 94blaze1.6 »

Firstly, I've owned an Accord and it was a pretty good car to me. I know that Hondas are very good cars and I also know that they have an incredible aftermarket support and for the money we spend into an mx3 we could have more mods on a civic. But those positive things I stated are the same things that make me hate the car even more. Maybe I am unreasonable but that's how I feel, I HATE CIVICS! And don’t even get me started on the ricer boys, and no not everybody who drives a civic is a ricer but we all know who they are. My sole purpose in life is to stump on all those pricks and burst they’re vtec bubble. Civics are so played out and unoriginal no matter what you do to them or how fast you make them go.
95 RS so far just a paintjob, rims suspension next then turbo...
Image I have turbo dreams and detanation nightmares
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

You guys are right, Hondas arent bad

Just too many people talk about them and buy them
They dont sound good at all but hey, to each to his own

I like my MX3 because it gets compliments (when it was still painted), its a rare car and unlike a Geo Storm or something, it was actually way head of its time and still looks good after 14years.
Also, I like the sound of the V6 and I like the fact that people are surprised to hear it has a V6. When its KLZE time they will be more then surprised

Our MX3s arent even that bad at all when it comes to modifing
Give me $2000, I will convert my car to manual, put a KLZE along with bolt-ons and a couple things to increase reliability and I will be running high 14s low 15s in no time while having Honda drivers asking me what type of exhaust I have
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Red Egg

Post by Red Egg »

end
Last edited by Red Egg on December 18th, 2006, 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

[quote="fieromx3"]actually no the brand new civic isnt faster than kl-ze mx3 or even a de mx3... proved it already...[/quote]

sure it was an SI..was it on the highway? I bet off the line it would rape a de and proboblya z e as well!
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Dont get me wrong here.. cause I will freely admit I dont know crap about the new Civic SI. But I see people say it has 197 HP.. is that at the crank or at the wheels? And how much does the car weigh in at? I havent seen one in person.. but on TV I get the impression that the car is bigger than the MX-3, which probably means it weighs at least as much or more than the MX-3. Sounds like a pretty even race to me... at least in a straight line.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

My buddies buddy has the hatch version, tho it's a year or two back, but basically the same (minus some hp). It's about the same size as an mx, just a lot taller. Seeing as how it's a honda it probably weighs less. I've seen him run at the Solo2 events and it's really quick. It's even faster now that JR makes a bolt on SC for it.

Being a previous honda owner I can't really call them bad or good. They are simply cheap, which goes both ways. Cheap to buy, cheap (and easy) to maintain, 40mpg. Perfect for a student like me. Unfortunatly they are also cheap on interior trim, they crumple like paper when sat on, and I could run off with one with a hanger and a screwdriver.

Return to “Off-Topic”