MX3 ZE vs ITR and GSR...Your Opinions

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
wagZE

Post by wagZE »

Ya I'm sure. It was an automatic btw. I bet that motor in a civic would fly.
1 mx6 88 LX auto 2.2l 4cyl
2 mx6 93 LS saved from junkyard SOLD
3 Mx6 96 M edition blow a ze part it
4 Mx6 96 gold LS paint n lights auto SOLD
5 mx6 red fresh paint clean, sold
1 mx3 92rs sohc auto rota c8s h&r
2 mx3 93 gsze bought w/ mods
3 mx3 93 GSze mtx swp act stg3 str8 nek im eibach kl36
4 mx3 GS SOLD-
6 mx3 white gs jdm swap'd SOLD
*5th mx3 blk GS clean title modded DD*
1 PGT 97 blk, garaged clean sold
2 pgt primered 5 spd KL SOLD
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Man, an Integra Type R barely cracks 14s with a great driver. GSR is slow as a stock MX-6 LS, and the pre 2006 Civic Si shouldnt even be in this conversation. They are not very quick at all. The Type R and GSR make their living on the tracks. Around a course stock vs. stock suspensions they will take an MX-3 ZE and thats the only place. RSX-S is a nice overall car but it still cant beat a ZE MX-3 running properly. All these Hondas barely make it into the low 15s.

But a B18 hatch or CRX is a problem, no doubt about that.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
Rys_mx

Post by Rys_mx »

Yes the rsx isnt that great unless its boosted, my friends can only hit 14.7 with i/h/e, ECU so im not that impressed, and he can just barely beat me with a de, half a car if that
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

There is one thing to know in america, Most american driver's SUCK at driving, even those who think they know their car and can drive it the best. We did 1/4mile timing up on my friends private road, and lets just say that I thought my time was good, but when I let my friend's bro drive, on his second pass at it he shaved off .3 secs. And I mean he did that on all of our cars, because he can actually drive. It is kinda like watching top gear, ya the hosts can drive, but the "stig" is the real driver....
ruthless_mx3

Post by ruthless_mx3 »

My good friend has a rsx-s pretty much stock, just the basics intake and exhaust. We've raced so many different times and no matter the speed, I beat him every time. He's usually 1-3 cars behind depending on what speed we start at. 3rd is my worst gear for some reason it just doesn't accelerate like the rest, even 5th. The S2000 w/ basics is pretty equal match and depending on driver, slower. They can't believe it when the purple people eater pulls on 'em. :lol:
As far as the ITR, another friend is finishing his. His head was stolen and swapped w/ a stock head somewhere between shipping and install. He's been wanting to race me but won't until the proper head is back on. I'll post in a few how the race goes.
93 MX3 GS SE KLZE -- RIP May 1, 2011
14.007 @ 98.46 1.991 60ft -- the only time she made it to the 1/4 :(

92 MX3 GS aka Goldmember - I'm trying to keep the legend going and as always credit to Andy for starting the legend ;)
sc61 currently @ 8 psi, wiseco 10:1 pistons, K1 rods, ported ze heads w/ kl31 cams
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

ok heres the facts

A friend of mine used to own an MX-6 with a ZE (don't give me the bulls--- the mx-6 is heavier, it is by like 100pounds, whoopty doo)

He had all the bolt ons fidanza, udp, headers exahust and even more and best time on street tires was 14.2. With slicks and gutted interior he ran 13.6. Mind me thats really good

Now he has a eg hatch witha jdm B18C wiuth stock header and best time is 13.9 with full interior on street tires, shitty Nexen tires too. Ane he ahsn't ahd this car long and has only tracked it a few times and is alreday hitting 13's just wait till he does a few more mods and puts slicks on that.

I'm not cutting up our cars they are still quick and fun.. But i've known all along an ITR would take one. Those cars are built very well!
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
mazdaspeedmx_3

Post by mazdaspeedmx_3 »

i killed my froms civic hatch back with a gsr and a h22 with a lightly modded ze
theres no comparison ....wow a b18c might have 200 hp but what like 140-150 ft lbs of torque peak and the torque isn't as consistant as the v6
2006 best ET 14.43 @ 96.9mph
93 MX-3 GS-95 Curveneck klze, kl-01 cammed,homemade CAI,HEI module, chipped kl-07 ECU,UDP,KYB GR-2 struts,DropZone lowering springs, Toyo Proxes 4's 205-50-r15
parts to be installed:Turbo hot pipes,T04E/t3 50/63 57 trim, ssqv BOV, hks style 38mm wastegate
the rest of my turbo set up and IPP hp rebuild kit is in the NEAR future
SOON TO BE MX-3ZE-T
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

[quote="mazdaspeedmx_3"]i killed my froms civic hatch back with a gsr and a h22 with a lightly modded ze
theres no comparison ....wow a b18c might have 200 hp but what like 140-150 ft lbs of torque peak and the torque isn't as consistant as the v6[/quote]

well he doesn't know how to drive. Hondas don't amke much low end torque, but they really don't need it. Notice how the always launch in high rpm's and once they egt going and bring it to redline then shift there constantly in vtec a B18C1 we could take easily. But a c5 from a type R we will ahve troubles with. I've known this for the whole time
klzemx6

Post by klzemx6 »

mazdaspeedmx_3 wrote:i killed my froms civic hatch back with a gsr and a h22 with a lightly modded ze
theres no comparison ....wow a b18c might have 200 hp but what like 140-150 ft lbs of torque peak and the torque isn't as consistant as the v6
wanna have a run?
osargeant

Post by osargeant »

There is a guy here with a Civic EG (1992) Hatchback that has in a K20A RSX engine in it (Japanese version) 220hp with intake, exhaust, clutch and flywheel.

That car is a monster :twisted: , I know for sure that no KLZE MX3 or MX6 can beat that in a 1/4mile unless serious money was spent.
JSpec Turbo MX3 (1.6 DOHC)
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/310985

Port and Polished Head, Ported Intake Manifold, Valve Job, GTX Manifold, Hybrid Turbo, Cone Filter, 2.5" Exhaust, 2.5" Downpipe, ACT Street Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, MSD 6A Ignition, Boost Retard and SS Coil, Magnecor Plug Wires, Denso Iridium Plugs, UR Lightened Pulley, Spearco FMIC, Turbo XS BOV & MBC, BEGI RRFPR, Supra Injectors, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, Autometer Gauges, Pivot Shift Light
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

MX3autozam an Integra Type R would not take one of our cars in a straight line. On a road track yeah it would kill most of us though. But anything GSR motor and better in an EG hatch would take us stock swap vs. stock KLZE. Its just a fact that some people dont get. An EG hatch is light as hell. I've taken a GSR EG hatch before but its a very close race and I have to get one hell of a launch.
mazdaspeedmx_3

Post by mazdaspeedmx_3 »

from my experience a ze mx3 will beat anything motor you can stick in a civic if they both had equal mods ...it just comes down to who's got more money....either way there both just little kid toys....rx-7's wheres its at 20B FC3S then bring on the hondas
93 MX-3 GS-95 Curveneck klze, kl-01 cammed,homemade CAI,HEI module, chipped kl-07 ECU,UDP,KYB GR-2 struts,DropZone lowering springs, Toyo Proxes 4's 205-50-r15
parts to be installed:Turbo hot pipes,T04E/t3 50/63 57 trim, ssqv BOV, hks style 38mm wastegate
SOON TO BE MX-3ZE-T
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

umm RX-7 isnt exactly where its at, trust me I had one before. Unreliable and that 20B swap is like $10,000. For that money bring on the Ferraris, Porsches, and Vipers, not Hondas. And dont tell me you really believe a Type R hatch and K20 Hatch wouldn't take a KLZE MX-3 cause you'd be being pretty ignorant.
mazdaspeedmx_3

Post by mazdaspeedmx_3 »

Illa Killa wrote:umm RX-7 isnt exactly where its at, trust me I had one before. Unreliable and that 20B swap is like $10,000. For that money bring on the Ferraris, Porsches, and Vipers, not Hondas. And dont tell me you really believe a Type R hatch and K20 Hatch wouldn't take a KLZE MX-3 cause you'd be being pretty ignorant.
$10000 your gettin ripped i could get the engine and everything for $3500
like any engine you have to fix a couple weaknesses to make them stronger ....new ceramic apex seals 3rd gen corner seals and springs and a new seal kit ....and the cermet coating on the rotor housing with a port job
put studs in the engine....and huge a-- turbo.....5-10% 2 cycle oil in the gas
you could do a S5 13b up like that for under $5000 cdn and would easily put out 4-500 whp or with a 20B definately over 600
20b is 300hp stock...those apex seals can hold up 35 lbs of boost
show me another engine that less than 5G's that can top that
SOON TO BE MX-3ZE-T
mazdaspeedmx_3

Post by mazdaspeedmx_3 »

my car stock is like 15 lbs heavier than a stock 96 civic hatch back with its tiny little d16 .....stock k20 200 hp's buds less torque than ze....v6 has a lot more consistant tq curve....and oh yeah mor tq than a k20
the only light civic hb's are the 88-91 hatch back
plus as i recall my car didn't have a problem beatin a rsx with a k20
SOON TO BE MX-3ZE-T

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”