something funny from the mx-3 my space board

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

hppwdn wrote:his exact comment was
Monty73741 on MySpace wrote:
the kit will work but wont fit in the engine bay
"Won't fit in the engine bay" certainly implies it won't work.

There was just a ton of inaccurate information on the myspace thread. The only reason I kept posting was to prevent the new guys from going down the wrong path. I've done a lot of experiemnting and found some successful combinations.

A great deal of the info Monty (Jason) was posting is either outdated or simply wrong. For someone that is knowledgeable about the MX3 and K series engines I would expect more up to date responses.
I never said i had total knowled of the k series engine...i never said that it would not work on the k engine in the mx i said it wont fit...
when i buy a "kit" it should bolt in not have to modify anything...thats what direct bolt in kit means......
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

monty73741 wrote:
hppwdn wrote:his exact comment was
Monty73741 on MySpace wrote:
the kit will work but wont fit in the engine bay
"Won't fit in the engine bay" certainly implies it won't work.

There was just a ton of inaccurate information on the myspace thread. The only reason I kept posting was to prevent the new guys from going down the wrong path. I've done a lot of experiemnting and found some successful combinations.

A great deal of the info Monty (Jason) was posting is either outdated or simply wrong. For someone that is knowledgeable about the MX3 and K series engines I would expect more up to date responses.
I never said i had total knowled of the k series engine...i never said that it would not work on the k engine in the mx i said it wont fit...
when i buy a "kit" it should bolt in not have to modify anything...thats what direct bolt in kit means......
wow you know everyting about the kl engine......well when jeff abrams tells me different about the kl i'll change my mind
when vaughn or any of the other old schoolers tell me different i will change my mine
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

monty73741 wrote: wow you know everyting about the kl engine......well when jeff abrams tells me different about the kl i'll change my mind
when vaughn or any of the other old schoolers tell me different i will change my mine
I've had a KL since 1998. I bought an MX3 just to play with and ZE for fun. And I drive it everyday and just got back from an 800 mile round trip with zero issues. And still got 25mpg with everything modded. But then again the tune on my MS was pretty accurate.

Not sure if that's old school enough for you. Not really looking for approval of anyone on MX-3.com, but inaccurate info does bother me.

Open your mind, there's more out there than what a couple people say. In the "old school" no one had coil packs, everyone had to deal with a VAF, and FMUs were the #1 way to manage fuel under boost. Hmmm, things sure have changed.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.

Return to “Forced Induction”