timing problem

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Gottagofaster

Post by Gottagofaster »

i'm going to the track on the 8th...I gotta beat my friends mkII supra ha he has ran a 16.5...the other guy i'm going with is going to whooop my a$$(350z) haha that car is amazing..
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

Gottagofaster wrote:i'm going to the track on the 8th...I gotta beat my friends mkII supra ha he has ran a 16.5...the other guy i'm going with is going to whooop my a$$(350z) haha that car is amazing..
i ran a 15.8 with cly 1 at 120 and cly 2 at 140 cly 3&4 both at 180 my comperssion numbers not good.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Boris

Post by Boris »

Gottagofaster, did u end up swappin wiring harnesses? if so how long did it take ya?
1993 1.6L SOHC. Mazdaspeed mounts, BP09 ECU, BP VAF, Fidanza miata flywheel, exedy miata pressure plate, centerforce mx3 disc, tokico struts, B&G lowering springs, and some sh***y motomaster tires.
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

hey limegreen did you run the 15.8 with your sohc? or your bp engine? thats impressive
1995 mazda Mx-3 RS 1.6liter DOHC B6-DE
Gottagofaster

Post by Gottagofaster »

yeah boris i did definently the way to go..this saturday will be a week...I can't wait for the weekend in tucoson we have a mountain that is basicaly just like the one in tokyo drift except we got some longer turns....and me and some friends are going up it this weekend..I'l find out how the mx-3 takes turns.....what should i expect handling wise?
Boris

Post by Boris »

MX3's handle amazingly. Around the corners I was gaining on my buddy's wrx on every corner. And I'm running motomasters while he had some kind of racing tires... Like any FWD car you gotta watch for understeer.
1993 1.6L SOHC. Mazdaspeed mounts, BP09 ECU, BP VAF, Fidanza miata flywheel, exedy miata pressure plate, centerforce mx3 disc, tokico struts, B&G lowering springs, and some sh***y motomaster tires.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

Bumpysbro wrote:hey limegreen did you run the 15.8 with your sohc? or your bp engine? thats impressive
15.82 was on the BP this past wednesday could do a little better

16.99 was on the sohc that was 3-4 years ago i still don't know how i got that time it always got low 17's after that time. when iam done turbo chargeing the sohc hopefully it will be in the 14's i wont find out untill its all done.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Gottagofaster

Post by Gottagofaster »

I"m just going to be going pretty hard around everyturn i'l try to firgure out a way to video tape it and get it on the forum
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

Limegreen mx-3 wrote:
Bumpysbro wrote:hey limegreen did you run the 15.8 with your sohc? or your bp engine? thats impressive
15.82 was on the BP this past wednesday could do a little better

16.99 was on the sohc that was 3-4 years ago i still don't know how i got that time it always got low 17's after that time. when iam done turbo chargeing the sohc hopefully it will be in the 14's i wont find out untill its all done.
wow ya looks like i gotta get my baby fixed then haha. mines real slow right now
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

i was at the track tonight and with the upgraded act pressure plate with the :oops: stock mx-3 disc on drag radials new time of 15.64@86mph i should have used my slicks maybe next time. i need solid motor mounts (josh) nasty wheel hop. nissin titans are quick. anyways 2420 ME&MX-3 need to lighten it and 2275 MX-3 alone. heavy car.

also off topic hit 135mph on 4th gear 7500rpms i was moving in 5th stayed at 135mph. on the way back form the track emtpy highway had to do it but was very dumb of me. :roll:
Last edited by Limegreen mx-3 on September 7th, 2006, 1:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gottagofaster

Post by Gottagofaster »

ok well today i raced my friends mkII supra 80's model anyway...he ran a 16.9 at the track..and today i raced him and he beat me by a car length...now these are the things i've been noticing I"m loosing power after 5500 rpms...which isn't the bp supposed to get most of it's powre at 6500? I ran it out to 7k in 2nd and he got a lot on that shift....but i just dont' think i'm getting everything out of the motor. This is what i think is wrong first i'm using my b6 air flow meter does that mater?...and i also noticed today that there is a 2 plug connector right under my manifold and i have no idea where it plugs into.....is that my vics? bc wen i put the motor in i didn't plug anything new in? any help?
93 mx-3 bp, CAI, msd blaster 2, ngk wires,NGK V-powers(just for limegreen). Pacesetter headers, no cat, cat-back 2.25" piping, autometer lunar A/F gauge, 800w 12" sub w/1600w amp. 3 way pioneer speakers all around
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

Gottagofaster wrote:ok well today i raced my friends mkII supra 80's model anyway...he ran a 16.9 at the track..and today i raced him and he beat me by a car length...now these are the things i've been noticing I"m loosing power after 5500 rpms...which isn't the bp supposed to get most of it's powre at 6500? I ran it out to 7k in 2nd and he got a lot on that shift....but i just dont' think i'm getting everything out of the motor. This is what i think is wrong first i'm using my b6 air flow meter does that mater?...and i also noticed today that there is a 2 plug connector right under my manifold and i have no idea where it plugs into.....is that my vics? bc wen i put the motor in i didn't plug anything new in? any help?
did u replace with new NGK spark plugs, cap&rotor,pvc, new O2 sensor, spark plug wires. could be why ur looseing power. iam using a 2nd gen rx-7 air flow meter bigger than the B6 a.f.m. can u take a pic of what is unpluged. do a grd&ten with a paper clip on ut dig. box to find out if ur throwing any codes.
Gottagofaster

Post by Gottagofaster »

yeah i'll take some pics and get back to you
93 mx-3 bp, CAI, msd blaster 2, ngk wires,NGK V-powers(just for limegreen). Pacesetter headers, no cat, cat-back 2.25" piping, autometer lunar A/F gauge, 800w 12" sub w/1600w amp. 3 way pioneer speakers all around
Gottagofaster

unpluged stuff

Post by Gottagofaster »

heres the plug that is not pluged in
It's right under the intake manifold...
thanks
Kurt
http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/s ... 0_full.jpg
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

that looks like a sensor that plugs into the tranny, i think thats the neutral switch. its in the back and goes under the tranny and screws in.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”