new mx3 exhaust in developement

New product ideas and status of new product development postings.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: new mx3 exhaust in developement

Post by Ryan »

jesse, if you toss your exhaust, I might want it :) My plan is cat, resonator (maybe 2?) and no muffler. It should sound okay in a 4 banger :)
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Cool. I'll keep you in mind. I want a Flowmaster, so I'd let it all go intact.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

fowljesse wrote:I was the one who let them fit it to my car, and he said NO WAY.
^^ This is just in case people get excited again^^.

I am VERY interested in this last question, too, because I have 2.25", and it feels great, but any more power would be greater. I have a long resonator I'm thinki9ng about getting rid of.
why did they decide not to go through with this?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

It just wouldn't bolt up, even with alterations. They thought it would be close enough.. but, no. They said it would be the same amount of work to fab a new one, and they didn't think there'd be enough interest.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Daninski wrote:I was quoted $360 mandrell bent 2.5 inch exhaust includiing cat. I'm suppling the muffler and the car has headers so that part is taken care of. My exhaust is perfectly fine. Is there any real difference going from 2.25 to 2.5? Comments please and screw the IMO stuff. Lets hear the naked truth.
Due to the change in diameter (I assume your header is a 2.25" pacesetter or similar), from the collector back to the muffler the exhaust will slow down a bit. This might not be a big issue as 2.25" is already quite large even for a 2.5L engine. I wouldn't expect the peak power rating to change, but it may move slightly higher in the RPM range so your big hit will come maybe 500 RPM later. It also depends a lot on the flow of the muffler which will likely become the greatest restriction in the system. I would consider a high flow cat and a long resonator and the freest flowing muffler you can find. The cat and resonator will dampen a lot of the sound without restricting flow like a quiet muffler does.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I agree! That's what I have, and it sounds awesome, and pulls hard. Thanks for the insight about diameter. I'm going to keep my 2.25, unless it can be proven that more power would come out of 2.5.
I have a free roll of header wrap, so I'm going to wrap the pipes from just after the flex pipe, until it runs out, because I'm covering the bottom of the car, to smooth airflow. This should keep the exhaust velocity up a bit. I read about a guy who did this, and got an extra 1-2 MPG..

Return to “New Product Development”